Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adblock does not seem to work anymore in Chrome. I re-installed to no avail. This is the first time I've seen ads in years; good god they're annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shogunner posted:

I'm on the latest version and it's working for me.

Weird, could you tell me if http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ has ads for you? I see ridiculous flash ads when I visit now, but do not on Firefox with adblock.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shogunner posted:

Nope. A big empty space where I suppose flash ads would be though.

AndyP posted:

Only ad I can see on there is on the video player.

But yeah, adblock has been randomly letting ads through for me as well. I've tried reinstalling the extension, but it doesn't help at all. You can block the ads by using the "easy create filter" feature, but that's a pain on sites with lots of ads.

And I've been getting the Youtube crash as well. It even crashed when I tried clicking a link in the "recommended" table that pops up after the video stops playing.

Odd. I get ads on there roughly 75% of the time. And yeah I am also getting youtube crashes.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am suddenly seeing suggested posts on Facebook with uBlock Origin. Is there some fix for this? Facebook is even more insufferable now. :qq:

Edit: I did the uninstall youtube thing and it still shows them. Grr.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 29, 2016

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

datajosh posted:

Facebook messes with their site code all the time to make it harder to block anything on the page, Social Fixer isn't catching them anymore either. Nothing you can do at the moment except wait for someone to update the filter.

Oh okay cool, I was just making sure it wasn't something I was missing. I noticed Twitch is doing the same thing as well with their ads.