Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a script/extention that will let me highlight a list of links on a page, then right-click > open in new tabs? It's the only thing from FireFox that I haven't managed to find anything for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm on Chrome 78(.0.3904.97), and it's no longer showing https or www in the address bar. Searching for how to make it show up again leads me to results saying to go to chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme-and-subdomains or chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains, but neither of those exist for me.

Is there any way to bring that back?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Atomizer posted:

It hides that info until you focus the address bar. It's a recent change, and I don't know that there's a way to revert is especially since it's just cosmetic.

Well, it sucks, because it screws things up when I browse reddit. I tend to click where https://www. is to replace it with old. and it selects part of it, and then either part of the [url]https://[/url] or part of the reddit. sections of the URL.

Oh well. Guess I'm stuck with it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

xiansi posted:

For now, yes - "Temporarily unexpire M76 flags" - that brings back the various settings starting with "Omnibox UI Hide" that you then disable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comments/dlx3kj/how_to_show_http_and_www_in_the_omnibox_chrome_78/

Obviously Google are determined to get rid of the full URL permanently though.

Ah, thank you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a way to make Chrome translate a page that's in English, but has Japanese text on it? For example, if you go to this page, then click on Japan in the top left corner, then click on the Board Passives tab that appears on the right side of the info above the picture, most of the text is in Japanese. Chrome doesn't offer the Translate option in the address bar.

Googling says to visit a site in Japanese, and then for the Translate option, choose Options and tell it to Always Translate. I tried that, and it still didn't work.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I right-clicked the page and selected "translate to english"

Well I feel stupid. It wasn't doing that for me, because I was thinking I had to select the text first, and then I'd get a Translate option. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there an extention that will copy the links for all images in an imgur album to the clipboard? I occasionally find a set of images that I want to post in the meme thread, and right now, I have to right click an image, copy the link, switch to the forums, paste the link into my reply, then go to the next image, one by one.

Everything I'm finding is for bulk image downloading.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe I missed it (or I didn't go back far enough in the list of SHSC threads), but is there a thread for GMail? Desktop version, not the app.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did they disable ALT+PRINT SCREEN? Because that's how I used to do it...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a setting/flag/extention that will make Chrome go to the next tab to the right of the tab I just closed instead of back to the tab on the left?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That seems to do the trick. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there an extention/greasemonkey/stylish thing that will make it so that any time someone posts a link to a YouTube video on Twitter, it will show the direct link to it, instead of having to click it, then when the video comes up, right click and open the video on YouTube?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chrome has decided to invert colors for all websites. I don't have any kind of extention installed to do this, and searching only leads me to stuff for ChromeOS, Chromebooks, or Chrome Mobile. I'm running Chrome Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

It was working fine 90 mins. ago when I left my office for dinner. Came back, opened Chrome, and blah. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Edit: I've also updated my drivers, restarted Windows, and checked in FireFox. Did nothing, did nothing, and FireFox works as expected.

Edit again: It turns out that Google is loving around with experimental poo poo again, and decided to turn on a new Experiments Flag for me.

If you suddenly find Chrome has inverted colors, type this into your address bar:

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

And set it to Disabled. Or mess with it and see if you get an outcome you like.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 27, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chrome seems to no longer show all controls on MP4s/GIFVs posted in threads. It used to occasionally stop showing them, so I'd just Right Click -> Show All Controls, and it'd be good to go for quite a while. Now, though, I have to do it for every single one, every single time.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Running Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It turns out that I had Tampermonkey disabled, and that kept the SA Video Help script from running. Hooray?

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 25, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Klyith posted:

Google Chrome 2023: we renamed FLoC to "privacy sandbox" so you wouldn't notice

Thanks for this. I just checked, and I already have all 3 turned off. Guess I'm gonna have to check every update, to make sure they didn't turn them back on...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone posted this... in the PYF GIF thread, I think?

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Fix videos better - somethingawful.com
// @namespace   https://forums.somethingawful.com/
// @match       https://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @version     0.2
// @author      Wheany, BlankSystemDaemon
// @description Sets embedded video size caps, auto-enables controls, embeds webms, sets volume to 20%, and prevents videos from looping. Last edited: 6/19/2023, 15:00:42 UTC
// ==/UserScript==

function processVideos() {
	[...document.getElementsByTagName('video')].forEach((v) => {
		v.removeAttribute('loop');
		v.pause();
		Object.assign(v, {
			currentTime: 0,
            		controls: true,
			volume: 0.2,
			muted: false
		});
		Object.assign(v.style, {
			maxWidth: '100%',
			maxHeight: '100%'
		});
	})
}

// required for dynamic webapp pages that modify the page with javascript
const observer = new MutationObserver(processVideos);
observer.observe(document.body, {
	childList: true,
	subtree: true
});

// handles simple pages like SA forums where the page structure doesn't change dynamically after being loaded
if(document.readyState === "interactive") {
	processVideos();
} else {
	document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', processVideos);
}
Sadly, it doesn't work 100% of the time, but I think that's just Chrome being Chrome. It works close enough that I'm fine with the occasional not working.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chrome just popped up something asking if I wanted to use AI for some dumb poo poo. I quickly dismissed it, but I'm wondering if there are any flags I need to set to makre sure...

Running Chrome 122.0.6261.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like Google screwed something up with Version 124.0.6367.61 (Official Build) (64-bit), because icons on tabs are now aligned to the top of the tab:

According to Reddit, it's because they're removing the old UI, and will be forcing everyone to use the new UI with the scrolling menus that EVERYONE hates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

They've inexplicably hotfixed this in under a week, 124.0.6367.79
Guess I don't need to figure out how to run two separate Firefox windows just yet

Oh wow. I got used to them being off, so I didn't notice until I saw your post, then glanced at my tabs.