Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm getting the youtube crash also, on three computers. At least the workarounds are painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Does anyone else have problems with Chrome's inline translation? It stopped working several months ago, any time I try to translate a page it fails out with a server error.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm getting an annoying bug in the current public (18.0.1025.168) version of Chrome. Whenever I click on a link from an external source like an IM the link will open in a new tab in my current Chrome window, but it will also open a new window that goes to my default page. Is anyone else getting this behavior?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Matlock posted:

Why not just boot into incognito with a shortcut switch?

My dad has this weird problem where every time Chrome updates itself the shortcut gets reset to start chrome in normal mode. Eventually I taught him how to edit it to add the incognito switch back on his own, but its just weird. I haven't seen it happen to anyone else.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

drat, that is pretty shady. I love the functionality of HoverZoom too.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

Everyone just install speed dial 2 and be happy, you'll never want for anything.

Oh yes you will. I've found one aspect where it's a little lacking. If you reopen a tab through the recently closed window it doesn't remember that tab's history. Say I have a tab open to the forums index, then go into GBS and close the tab. With basic chrome, if I reopened that tab and hit back it'll go back to the forums index. Doing the same with speed dial 2, back sends me to the speeddial new tab page.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Has anyone else lost the ability to fullscreen embedded youtube videos? For a while it was iffy, sometimes there and sometimes not and now for the last few weeks there hasn't been the option at all, I have to go to youtube to actually watch something fullscreen. I guess its time for the extension on/off troubleshooting dance.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Konjuro posted:

Yes, and it's a bit annoying. It appears to be using the HTML5 player for embedded videos now, which for some reason doesn't go full screen when embedded.

Oh good its not just me. Super fuckin annoying, anyway.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I can finally fullscreen embedded videos again! :toot:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I haven't noticed that issue myself, let me give it a try.

E: Works fine for me. Time to start troubleshooting extensions I guess.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 12, 2015

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Does anyone know why Chrome will randomly snap the page to a certain position on some sites? I mostly see it on my Twitter timeline and in 4chan threads, I'll be scrolling and suddenly it'll snap back up to a post I had clicked on (I think). It makes Chrome almost unusable sometimes, like when it snaps every time I load a new timeline page on Twitter. Refreshing seems to clear it until it happens again.

Usually this seems to be due to some element on the page loading slowly, as far as Chrome is concerned the page isn't loaded until all the requested bits are served up. When it finally loads everything in, be it a huge 4k picture of someone's dinner or whatever it'll snap to the position, like the last read post, that it 'should' be at. Regardless of the fact that you've scrolled half way down the page in the meantime.

Evidence: lots of browsing the funny pictures/memes/gif threads on slower connections.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cash that goddamn check and start AppName-origin.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there an extension that'll strip out extraneous referrer crap from urls?

Like, I click on an embedded tweet in a thread here, and if I want to share it further I have to selectively only copy the actual url and ignore the extra tracking bs at the end.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

qsvui posted:

I've been using ClearURLs, sounds like it might work for tweets.

That has been working like a charm, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

codo27 posted:

All of you out there rocking tens of tabs constantly are monsters

Tens? Those are rookie numbers.