Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

DrBouvenstein posted:

Started having a weird problem with Chrome today. When I close a youtube tab, Chrome freezes. I have to close the whole window, then have the Windows dialogue pop up and tell me it's not responding. When I re-load it, it gives me the message it didn't shut itself down properly.

I have it set to reload all the tabs it had loaded when it closed, and the youtube tab comes back, but now I can close it and it won't freeze...but if I had any other youtube tabs open, it will freeze when they close...any new ones I open will cause it to freeze when closed.

I've tried other video sites, and so far only youtube is causing this. A reboot did not help.

Edit: Chrome version 16.0.912.77 m, Windows 7 professional, 64 bit, w/ SP1.

I too am having this problem and it's really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I'm having an issue on my Mac where it doesn't keep me logged into sites when I create a new session. I have to log in to every site and I have to do the 2 step verification every time I start up Chrome. On my PC it'll keep me logged in to my specific sites every time I start up Chrome. Anyone know of a solution?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Is there anything in Google Chrome that will allow me to type a phrase and have it turn into whatever I tell it to? For example if I type shortcutthing, I want it to turn into ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If not, is there an extension anyone recommends?