Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

The Third Man posted:

well, I originally had smooth gestures, but then noticed that they actually collect browsing data, but have a setting you can enable to turn it off...that resets every 72 hours. I removed that piece of poo poo immediately, so I'm just looking for something to replace it with really.
Goddamn it, I've been using Smooth Gestures for a long time and never remember seeing that in the options before.

Amppelix posted:

Ok, is it me, or did the beta channel just screw up massively? Gifs aren't working, links don't color in when mouseovered, random parts of the page are missing, weird, or something, I can't even see what I'm typing in the reply field right now unless I somehow force it to refresh, like changing tabs (or just clicking with the mouse it seems)
I'm on the beta channel (18.0.1025.33) and I'm not having these issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

So new things I've noticed in Chrome 21 are... A new star icon for adding a page to your favorites and the default "globe" favicon is now a blank page. And that's it.

Oh well, at least hardware accelerated Flash seems to work somewhat now. Until it breaks again.
Full screen Flash is broken for me in 21 beta, had to disable the integrated version to get it to work properly again. (Someone elsewhere pointed out they seem to have downgraded the included Flash version with 21 for an unknown reason.)

datajosh
May 3, 2002

mmm11105 posted:

So for some reason Chrome (stable) now won't play flash full screen on one screen when I'm working on another. It worked yesterday. Did some new flash version break this?
Is your sound muted? For some insane reason, full screen on multiple monitors breaks if your sound is muted or if there are no available audio devices when you start playing Flash.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Kild posted:

I'm getting a weird bug with flash player. If I try to fullscreen it on my second monitor it warps to my first monitor. This doesn't happen in other browsers.

I was having this too - you need to disable the built in version of Flash. Go to chrome://plugins, expand details and disable "pepflashplayer.dll" under Flash. You'll also need to install the standalone version of Flash for non-IE browsers if you don't have it installed already.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Anyone else having problems with Change.org on the beta channel? It was working fine a couple of weeks ago but now I get this message anytime I try to sign a petition:

quote:

You seem to have had an issue loading this page or you have javascript disabled, which may cause problems while using Change.org. To avoid any further inconvenience, please enable javascript in your browser and refresh this page.

JavaScript is definitely enabled and the error persists in Incognito Mode so I don't know what's going on.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Aatrek posted:

The maps on this page: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

On IE10, they have text and graphics that pop up when you put your mouse over them, but in Chrome, they're just static images. It works for me in Chrome in Windows 7, so I can't figure out if it's a Win8 problem, or a Chrome problem. I've done a complete reinstallation of Chrome, cleared cookies, etc., but it still won't work.

I've tried it on the current v22.whatever public release, and on Version 23.0.1271.60 beta-m.
Dropdown menus on ESPN.com aren't working either and some people are having issues with these on Windows 7 too. These were working on Chrome in Windows 8 for me when I first installed it so it seems to be a Chrome issue of some sort but I can't figure it out either.

Edit: Both work in Canary, not sure about Dev, guess it's a matter of waiting for the updates to trickle down now.

datajosh fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 3, 2012

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

Is there a place I can see Chrome's changelog? It updates pretty often but never tells what's new unless I stumble on it or go hunting for new features.
There's usually a post on the Chrome Releases blog when a new version comes out that has information on updates.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

WastedJoker posted:

It's close to making me revert back to firefox after a sabbatical of 12 months.
I tend to feel this way about Chrome every other month or two but the furthest I get is using Firefox for maybe a day and then I come back.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Nokiaman posted:

Still works for me on W8. Make sure you have it in launch options. If you restarted chrome due to update it will revert back until you launch it again.
Also if you have any extensions/apps that run while Chrome is closed (like Feedly), it won't work unless you exit the app from the system tray then relaunch Chrome with the shortcut you added that option to.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

0staf posted:

For anyone on the beta who hated the new tab page (giant google search bar, only 4 most visited sites etc.) like me you can go to chrome://flags and disable "Enable Instant extended API" to get the old page back
Thank you! I use Speed Dial 2 but the other changes were driving me nuts.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

So does --disable-new-menu-style not work anymore? I've been stuck with the stupid new menus ever since v28 got promoted to the beta channel.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

EugeneJ posted:

Woahhhhhhh this new menu layout is lovely.

Anytime I search, a new tab opens and the bookmark bar is nowhere to be found.

EDIT: I installed a user-agent switcher, and if you change it to something like "Windows Safari 4" the search menus go back to normal and you're not chained to the Omnibox
It's horrible. You can turn it off in chrome://flags - I think the one to disable is the "Enable Instant extended API" option.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Google has announced that, starting in January, they will require that all Chrome extensions be hosted in the Chrome Web Store.

See this blog post.

What do you think of the announcement?
I was mad for a minute but then I went and looked and my extensions and realized I don't have anything from outside of the Chrome Web Store anymore other than userscripts and I can just install Tampermonkey for those.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Colonel Sanders posted:

I have a multi monitor setup, and I want to keep youtube videos in full screen on one screen while still browsing the web on another screen, I can not currently figure out how to do this with Chrome. Is this possible? I am running Chrome 32.
Normally it is but sometime recently they broke it. The fix has been made, now it's a matter of waiting for it to make it to the beta channel. In the meantime, you can try disabling the built in Flash player by going to chrome://plugins, then click Details, look for the PepperFlash entry under Adobe Flash Player and click Disable.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

flatluigi posted:

Is there a chrome extension or userscript or something that'll turn all the really crufty Google urls to what they're actually supposed to be? Really tired of getting "https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FBlah&ei=KJnvUv7-KpStsQTl04HoDw&usg=AFQjCNEPfUMF_cK39Oi47I8fNfPRKNHVrA&sig2=99hGYj80Ix1PXuo8GM75kw&bvm=bv.60444564,d.cWc" instead of "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blah"
I use Don't track me Google for that

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Fame Douglas posted:

No, that functionality is still present in 33.0.1750.146 stable.
Here in 34.0.1487.45 beta too

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Purple D. Link posted:

How do I get Youtube Center installed? Chrome prevents me from installing it since it's not from the Chrome Web Store.
Download the crx then go to the Extensions page and drag the crx on to it. I think it'll get disabled the next time Chrome updates though so it might end up better to install Tampermonkey and use the userscript version instead.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

gmq posted:

Save yourself time and the inevitable crawling back to Chrome and install Tampermonkey for your userscripts.
That's what I did

datajosh
May 3, 2002

WorkingStiff posted:

Anyone have unpredictable copy & paste in Chrome lately?

Many times I'll highlight some text and copy it and when I go to paste it the previous thing I copied on my clipboard is pasted.

This is on Windows 10 and is really frustrating.
I've seen this on my work PC running Windows 7 but I just assumed it was the PC. I haven't seen it happen at home yet.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Rand alPaul posted:

I am suddenly seeing suggested posts on Facebook with uBlock Origin. Is there some fix for this? Facebook is even more insufferable now. :qq:

Edit: I did the uninstall youtube thing and it still shows them. Grr.
Facebook messes with their site code all the time to make it harder to block anything on the page, Social Fixer isn't catching them anymore either. Nothing you can do at the moment except wait for someone to update the filter.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

wargames posted:

So how do I reduce font size on chrome because its annoyingly bigger now on SA. I mean I am not crazy font on normal not yospos SA looks weird right?

There were already a couple of posts about this (and even more in the Technical Thread in QCS). Google made a change to the version of Roboto hosted on Google Fonts that "corrects" an issue with the lowercase letter height so it looks like that now by design. It affects all browsers on all platforms on all sites that use the font. YOSPOS looks the same because it's a different font.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Wirth1000 posted:

Someone explain to me why Adguard (https://adguard.com/) is poo poo. Like, I'm using it and I know I shouldn't be but the presentation enthralled me and it seems ok?

Something just feels really ... off about it.
I've been using it on my Android devices for a while but I've never used it on desktop, I just use uBlock Origin

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Cabbit posted:

Anyone know how to turn off this thing where underlined characters overlap the underline instead of cross through it? As seen here, on the G and P:

It's only just now showing up in Chrome, and it's an incredibly minor thing to be bothered by, but it bugs the crap out of me.
This was an intentional change in Chrome 64:

quote:

Blink>Fonts
Developers can now use the text-decoration-skip-ink CSS property to control how overlines and underlines are drawn when they cross over a glyph.
I believe it's part of a draft CSS update that only Opera and Chrome have implemented so far. I guess it would be possible to use Stylish or something similar to set text-decoration-skip-ink: none on everything, but I'm not sure. I got used to it pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Has anyone else just started seeing this "Related to this page" bullshit in the omnibox? I'm on the beta channel and it just recently started and I can't find a flag that turns it off and it's loving annoying.