Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Not happening on beta. This is probably one of those cases where you are being somewhat inconvenienced for running dev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There is a lot of delicious nerd anguish behind that link. Why are people so crazy?

"I USE IT SO EVERYONE ELSE PROBABLY DOES TOO!"

I'm pretty sure google tracks how people use chrome preeetty heavily...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Oh god beta just jumped to 17 what happened to the + on my new tab button :ohdear:

Seriously anything cool in 17?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I think they just changed the button's shape and took out the +

I like it

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I think it's weird because I am pretty sure it's the same shape it was when the plus was still in there... so maybe it's just that we're used to seeing it that way.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

unruly posted:

I probably should have clarified. I'm using the dev branch, not stable/release where the plus symbol still shows.

It's also gone in Beta

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Anal Tributary posted:

:siren: CHROME 17 IS OUT YALL :siren:

I hear it already: "pfft, just another Chrome version."

Well guess what guys? This one has REAL RESOURCE BLOCKING. Finally, Firefox-quality AdBlock and NoScript capabilities for everyone! No more "load-then-hide," now extensions can actually keep poo poo from loading. I use ABP for Chrome and it seems to be working in that regard already.

Beta moved to 18 just now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Not that I can figure out, I just switched to IE for the time being.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

flatluigi posted:

I've been on the dev version for years and can count the number of unstable builds I've come across on one hand. Something's up with your computer, dude.

I was actually having a ton of problems with the beta build so I doubled down and went dev for the first time, seems to have fixed everything.

Mostly what wasn't working was stuff like google maps never loading, which I thought odd. Also I couldn't edit my info in G+ (oh noes)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

No need, lack of plug in support mostly I would think.

I mean, IE 64 bit exists, but who uses it?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Glad I checked in here, the fan on my mini at work was starting to drive me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Mak0rz posted:

Adblock Plus (not to be confused with the unrelated AdBlock, for which there is no Firefox version) has finally come out of beta literally a couple of days ago.

I've been using it since I made the switch from Firefox and really saw no difference. They both use the same subscriptions anyway, so I'm not sure how they could be different aside from performance or customization (I don't notice any significant differences here)

A while back there was some difference in the access that extensions in chrome had that prevented adblock from working quite as well, but like several versions ago (I think the release channel has even been caught up for a while) they fixed that and it was pretty much the same thing. I'd say at least since the summer.