Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

grilldos posted:

It's probably just a bookmark that shoots you straight to eBay.

This is what a lot of the "apps" in the chrome store are. It's really retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

nmfree posted:

So am I the only one who can't get pretty much any images to load on the forums?

It doesn't seem to matter what the host is, only a few avatars will load and that's it. I really don't want to go back to Firefox (it's soooooo slooooooooowwwwwwwww) but if I can't find a fix to this I'll have to :(

What version, have you tried disabling addons, etc etc. You're not doing yourself any favors here. Help us help you.

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

Pilsner posted:

One core thing that keeps me from Chrome is that the type-ahead search isn't fully native, and relies on an extension. It just didn't work as well as FF's when I last tried it about half a year back, and I read a bug/wishlist entry where the Chrome devs gave a stupid reasoning about leaving it out, citing indirectly that such a feature would contribute to bloat. Any updates to this?

Nope. I watch that feature like a hawk. It's the biggest blemish in my Chrome experience and I suspect it will be for the foreseeable future.

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies
I'm trying to visit a site with an expired security certificate. I know it's fine and want to proceed anyway but Chrome just gives me a "The site's security certificate has expired" page with no option to continue. Is there a way to bypass this and visit the site regardless?

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

The Third Man posted:

Any recommendations for a cookie management extension? I'd like something that I can whitelist cookies from regular sites that I visit like SA and either block or remove anything else whenever I close my browser.

I use Vanilla but I'm not blown away by it. It gets the job done well enough.

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

The Third Man posted:

I've tried using Chrome to whitelist the few sites I'd like to allow cookies from but I can't seem to do it successfully. All I want is to allow my machine to remember my login info for GMail and SA, and either block everything else or at least get rid of everything when I close the session. It's only really an issue because I use 2-step verification with GMail and having to enter in a new passcode that's sent to my phone every time I want to check my email gets old fast. Is there a trick to getting Chrome to recognize all the addresses and cookies that might come from a certain domain? I have google.com listed under my exceptions, but it never seems to work with gmail...

I'll second this. Chrome's cookie handling is pretty lovely. No option to whitelist certain sites and "allow for session" the rest. As far as I can tell anyway.

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies
I stand thoroughly corrected. I would swear that wasn't there when I started using chrome about a year ago... Thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies

unruly posted:

You might very well be right. I'm not really sure when cookie management like that landed, but I had been using Firefox for roughly the same reason before that. So...

I go to Facebook now without vanilla and the blocked cookie icon never appears. This means I can't whitelist this site without going into the settings and manually typing in the url. Is this just a bug?

edit: Yeah, this poo poo doesn't work at all. If I set it to temporarily accept cookies, it doesn't show a blocked cookie image which means the only way to whitelist is to actually go into the list and type in the url every single time. Additionally, setting it to only keep cookies for session doesn't seem to do anything since when I use my browser a bit on non-whitelisted sites, then restart the browser, all the cookies from those sites are retained.

edit2: Vanilla Cookie Manager fixes all these issues. That's the difference between it and the default management and I'm back to using it again. Which is too bad because Vanilla Cookie manager doesn't really do it right either since I have to manually enter sub-domains I want to whitelist. Firefox is still the only thing I've discovered that gets cookie management right.

MrHyde fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 24, 2012