Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

COCKMOUTH.GIF posted:

Here's a question: Is there more information available about deploying Google Chrome in an enterprise environment? I remember hearing in the past that Google was trying to push an MSI package for enterprise use and a separate add-in so that it can be managed via GPO.
Here you go, provides an MSI and other information.
http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/chromebrowser.html

Cloudy Calculator is an extention I use all the time.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/acgimceffoceigocablmjdpebeodphgc
It includes it's own internal calculator but will also use Google and WolframAlpha.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Coughing-up Tweed posted:

I don't think so. It bugged me for a few days when it was introduced into the beta channel, but I don't notice it at all now.

Anyone else's fonts look a little weird and blurry on their extension notifications after the change to 18?

I just updated and it looks like the icons for extensions are slightly smaller now, of course I can't go back to 16 so I can't check and see if it's just me seeing things.

I wish more programs would update like Chrome, seamless and silent and you have no idea it has even happened unless you notice any UI changes. I just wish for installs that can be made silent without a bunch of screwing around.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Roumba posted:

Does chrome still have stuff that reports what I'm doing to google and other creepy poo poo like that?
Yes, everything does, it's opt-in though. There's nothing creepy about it.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Are there any remote control add-ons in Chrome that don't require you to go through an external server? I'd love to VNC into a computer through Chrome instead of taking the time to open up TightVNC on my desktop.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Once Chrome is out of beta on Android what is ChromeOS going to offer? I really can't think of anything you would be able to do on ChromeOS that you can't do on Android, and there's quite a few things you can do on Android you can't do on ChromeOS.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

fookolt posted:

No. For whatever reason, it fixed itself once I restarted Chrome and it did an update.
More often than not page loading issues are caused by an extension. At one point the noscript extension would cause pages to load very slowly for me in Chrome.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I ran Chrome to Mobile and had it send a link to Chrome on my phone, but now I can't get rid of the link on my phone. It sits there mocking me. I can remove other devices but not the "Received from other devices" section. Anybody know how to do it?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Thwomp posted:

If it's an iPhone/iPad, you can press and hold a link and it should pop up a Remove button.

Remove all the links and the section disappears.
My other devices have that option when I hold down on them, the "received from other devices" does not. I was able to fix it though, I had to re-install Chrome.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I have had an issue where I can't post to facebook or youtube, I hit the post button and it's as if I never hit it. Refreshing the page has always fixed it for me though.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

You're using 18 MB? I'm only using 11.6 MB with Google Read Notifier. :smug:

Of course you can get 8 GB of RAM for $40 now so who cares how much RAM Chrome uses? I do, at work our computers are just starting to get 4 GB of RAM. :mad: I just use my tablet and phone to browse the web at work though. :)

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

As I understand it each tab in Chrome is sandboxed, however I've had the entire browser freeze due to a plug-in like flash crashing. Are plug-ins not sandboxed or am I misunderstanding how sandboxing works in Chrome?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

How do I get rid of the Google Chrome remote desktop extension? I uninstalled it weeks ago but it's still running in the background and connecting to something under the name "remoting_host.exe". :mad:

Also, for some reason it's looking at an ico file in my Steam directory and a file in Google Drive. :confused: I've noticed other programs will sometimes do this, why do they need to go poking around in other directories? Steam does not poke around in the Chrome directory, leave Steam alone Chrome.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Onean posted:

Did you go to chrome://plugins and disable it there? I don't know if that'll fix what you're talking about or not, but it's worth a try if you haven't.
Thanks, I found it in there. I also found an OnLive extension for Firefox in there as well.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Wow. I just installed the latest Windows 7 update followed by the latest Chrome update, and now Flash is stone dead in Chrome. Doom, gloom, and despair.

23.0.1271.97 m

I have killed all my extensions and Flash still loads forever. Woe is me.

Any time this has happened I've had to reinstall Chrome maybe in 10 years they'll let us reinstall just flash, or even better, flash will be dead and gone. I have had sites that hurt Flash so bad it would not start on any other site until I restart Chrome.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

It loads and animated instantly for me. But if I scroll down and back up the gifs are frozen.

I'm on Chrome, OSX
Same for me, the GIF has to scroll completely off screen though for it to stop. I'm on Windows 7.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Chromium has added a new experimental notification center leading to speculation that it will hit Chrome and add Google Now support.
http://m.techcrunch.com/2013/01/31/google-adds-new-notification-center-to-chrome-code-could-grow-into-full-google-now-desktop-support/
I only have Android 4.0 so I don't know how cool or not Google now is.
Edit: My tablet has 4.1 so I'm trying out Google Now.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 1, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Google Now has taken over a huge portion of the short interactions I do with my phone. It's pretty great. Like most Google products there's parts of it that are broken or just make you go "what", but still it's good.

I don't quite get its relevance to a browser, though.
It's only speculation based on how the notification center works, which after reading some more articles goes "new notification center, therefore Google Now" without explanation so I think I jumped the gun on it. I think spincube is right in how they would implement it but without the annoying blips and boops; if you search for a place on your desktop Google Now could bring that up on your phone. If you get a message on your phone it could pop up in Chrome, and maybe you could respond to it from Chrome as well. They could replace Chrome To Phone with it if you can send over links and phone numbers.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Video corruption is usually caused by video acceleration, either a video card going bad or buggy drivers/software. Here's instructions on how to turn it off for just Flash. http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1230977

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

lol internet. posted:

For some reason when I search for a video on youtube, I no longer get no results?

It will say I have like 100+ results but nothing actually appears on the page like before. It's just blank, no video title\thumbnail\summary? Anyone else experiencing this? I know there was a Chrome update not too long ago.

Works fine in Safari.
Turn off your extensions, one of them is probably doing this. If results come back after turning the extentions off then turn them on one by one.

Rirse posted:

Is there a reason in the past week the "Other Device" feature on a new tab stopped working? I liked using it to move pages from the laptop to the desktop, but on the laptop it still listing old pages from last week, while the desktop just shows nothing.
Try readding your Google account on the desktop. It sounds like it's either forgotten your account or just needs to be reminded who's boss around here.

The Lord Bude posted:

What is it with chrome having the worst spell checker on the face of the earth? It's almost incapable of suggesting the correct word for a misspelling.
By default Chrome does not use Google to spell check, even when you turn that feature on it still sucks. You can turn it on by going into Settings->Advanced Settings->Privacy->"Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors."

Harminoff posted:

Did chrome recently remove the scroll bar from the right hand side? I'm no longer seeing it and would like to get it back.
Check your extensions, there's a few that will remove your scrollbar. One could be bugging out and doing it too. Turn them all off and if it comes back then you know it was one of your extensions. You'll then need to go through the tedious task of turning them back on one by one until your scroll bar vanishes.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

It opens in a new tab for me in the latest version of Chrome. I don't know what it did before that though since I never knew you could do that. :eek:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

If you get Google Fiber you also get 1 TB on Google drive, of course you have to move to Kansas City to get it right now.

I think Google might be pushing the Pixel a bit too early unless Google has a huge software launch to go with it. I'm also confused with Android and ChromeOS, they are going to bump into each other one of these days and Android will have a huge advantage if they ever get Chrome on Android to work like non-mobile Chrome. Maybe at some point they'll combine Android and ChromeOS and have it work like Ubuntu will work?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

b0nes posted:

Stupid question: So all the apps that are available in the Chrome Webstore, are those apps available for the Chromebook?
As far as I can tell they are. For tablets and smartphones though there are no extensions for Chrome yet, or I'm just blind.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Open settings->Tools-> Extensions and turn them all off. If you stop crashing turn them back on one at a time until you crash again, you've found your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've been having a problem with Chrome crashing with full screen video, so far I've only seen it on YouTube and Blip. It never crashes with Netflix. When it crashes the video freezes and the audio keeps going, if I click the screen, Chrome is gone and I'm at the desktop with the audio still going. I have to go into task manager and kill Chrome processes for Chrome to realize it crashed. Any ideas what's going on?