Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How is it that it is crashing all of Chrome, and not just one tab? I thought that wasn't supposed to be able to happen. It's never happened to me before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Say, what is the security situation for saved passwords and stuff on Chrome? I don't use it right now, I use a password vault program, but I really have no idea if it is more secure in any practical sense.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There's just one login-type website I use regularly (my school's "my" page) that Chrome doesn't even attempt to auto-fill the username/password for. Can websites set themselves to not allow auto form filling, or is it just a bug?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 10, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, it didn't work, and I cleared the cache and restarted Chrome and everything. It just doesn't offer to save it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kri kri posted:

Weird, this saves all my passwords. As a last resort use Keepass and auto-complete I guess.
Well, you can see from the last page that this started because I decided to stop using a password vault and using Chrome's built-in system instead, due to transferring with Chrome's new iOS version.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kri kri posted:

I did the same. I don't know what to tell you, every site it saves for me, are you getting a Save Password prompt?
No, like I said I don't, it just goes straight through to the next page and that's it.

It's this page, I dunno if it's possible to see anything weird about it.

https://myuh.hawaii.edu/cp/home/displaylogin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

peak debt posted:

"autocomplete=off" isn't always the problem, the password safe functionality of Chrome is just very buggy. If a login isn't a very simple CGI form, then Chrome will still prompt you whether it should save the password, but even if you say yes it will save an empty user/password combination. You can check it by looking at the passwords in the Setting menu, it's pretty likely there is an entry for your website there but it is empty. In this case Chrome simply isn't compatible with your website and you'll have to use a third party password safe.
No, I checked and there's no password saved. Like I've said three times now, it didn't even offer to save it.