Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Nathilus posted:

I had to use Firefox the other day since the first time I switched from it, and its clunkiness made me angry. The first time I used Chrome every other browser became suddenly not nearly good enough. It's strange, I remember how responsive and stable Firefox felt when I switched from Opera. Somewhere along the way it started being just as fat-assed and failure prone as Opera. Like there was some inscrutable process getting in between me and my loving web content. Not to mention it ate all my RAM, all the time. Switching to Chrome was like switching to a recently cleaned window. Being forced back for the afternoon was almost traumatizing. Not as bad as being forced to use IE8, but close.

Having to actually navigate to google or use a separate field to google something is a disgusting travesty. When I used firefox's search engine bar it took me to bing. BING! Really? What is this horseshit?! I know that it's configurable and that it was the person who owned the computers' fault, but it is still completely unconscionable.

You don't search from the URL bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

The Devil Tesla posted:

It doesn't show suggestions though. With google chrome's bar I don't even have to think.

yeah that is a thing I don't like about FF. The suggestions in Chrome really speed up searches.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Stupid question: So all the apps that are available in the Chrome Webstore, are those apps available for the Chromebook?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Chrome is messing up! Clicking to switch to a tab closes it, and I can't use the bookmarks bar or my other bookmarks.

Edit: a reboot fixed it.

b0nes fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 28, 2013