Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ShardPhoenix posted:

until Chrome gets something as good as Tree Style Tabs
Something like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

VerySolidSnake posted:

Has anyone found a way to manage them like that?

Yeah, I just open more windows when my tabs get too small to show the favicons. :sigh:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

dpbjinc posted:

Chrome normally starts a lot of processes, so that if one page/plugin stops working, it doesn't take the whole browser down. If you have a lot of extensions or plugins, that could cause the issue. Try starting an Incognito window and see if that helps.

Yeah, that was one of the big selling point of chrome: every tab opens its own process, and so does every extension. That means if one goes bad and starts eating up your whole CPU or RAM, you can kill it without affecting any other tab or extension (99 times out of 100).

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

nubdestoryer posted:

I just downloaded Chrome after getting tired of IE9's random restarts and deleting of my cookies.

But the taskbar at the top is so huge, is there a way to make it smaller? Theres so much wasted space up there, those three lines on chrome (windows minimise/open line, tab line, and address line) could easily be compacted as one.

How could you possibly fit the address bar and the tabs in one line? :confused: