Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Trump posted:

I've been having problems with youtube while using chrome.

1) Some videos won't load or loads extremely slowly. Even after refreshes.
2) Sometimes a video will just sort of crash, often this manifests in a frozen frame with 4 black boxes in it. Kinda of like the Danish or Swedish flag.

I've tried playing around with the flash extensions in chrome, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Also, everything is fine in Firefox.

I had this problem as well. Disabling ppapi and enabling npapi in chrome://plugins/ and restarting fixed it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Did chrome recently remove the scroll bar from the right hand side? I'm no longer seeing it and would like to get it back.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Cabbit posted:

I've just updated Chrome and they appear to have killed the ability to mute a tab by clicking on the little speaker icon, which is awful. I don't suppose there's some extension that can restore that functionality, or at least work as a half decent replacement somehow?

Edit: Also now I can't actually mute individual tabs-- if I right click on a tab and mute it, it mutes every tab that's on that domain. What the gently caress?

I actually came to ask the same thing. Might actually have to switch to firefox if this isn't just a bug.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I've been using smart mute which works pretty well. It mutes everything but the active window. You can whitelist websites and whatnot if need be as well.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/smart-mute/apadglapdamclpaedknbefnbcajfebgh

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just get a raspberry pi and pihole. It works great and covers all devices in your home.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Can't say I've ever used close other tabs.

They did finally add dark mode though, woohoo!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

abelwingnut posted:

not seeing a dark mode option in the windows version. how do you enable it?

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Using forced dark mode makes the forums look terrible to me. Any way to fix that?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I don't have a Mac, and it's not on Windows yet, but anyone using Arc browser? If so, how is it in comparison to all these annoyances?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Cya boys, just got my Arc For Windows invite!

Also, just got my Arc invite, ama!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
No, it seems like right now the windows build is just getting started, and is barely different than chrome. It doesn't even have a settings menu.

Seems like they update weekly though, so excited to see where it goes, but way to early to get excited at this point.

Here is a nice video I found showing it off, and showing where it's at at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAabjAjmSo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Arc for windows is now out of Invite Only!

https://arc.net/