Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Repost from last thread:

Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight extension for sharing pages (including articles from Google Reader) to Twitter and Facebook? I had a quick look through a few, but not many seemed to be able to add a Twitter/Facebook sharing option within Google Reader articles unless I was to just open the full article and share the link normally that way.

One that doesn't require registering an account (other than my FB/Twitter ones obviously) would be ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Speaking of Apps, how do I disable pop-up notifications in TweetDeck? The checkbox for popups is off in all my columns but they still come up. If I could do it on a per-machine basis that'd be even better, since I'd like them at home but not in work!

edit: Never mind, found it! Although it seems like TweetDeck randomly ignores some of the items in my Facebook news feed so I'll not be using it any more. :(

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 11, 2012

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

PotatoJudge posted:

One Firefox feature I really like is the live bookmark for following RSS and Atom feeds. I found a few extensions that tries to replicate the behavior but they either don't update the links or don't work at all.

Until I find one that works I'm using SlickRSS. I like it except I can't group up my feeds, I want to keep all my sports feeds in one folder, tech sites in another, etc.

So I guess is there either a live bookmark extension that works, or a reader extension that works totally in the browser and allows custom grouping / folders?

Other than that this has been the best browsing experience I've had in Linux. Chromium loads quickly and renders every site I've been to correctly.
I think you can group by folders in Google Reader, and there's a bookmarklet to let you subscribe in Google Reader straight from the page you're on.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Speaking of YouTube, it's been causing Flash to crash a lot for me lately, losing any of the videos I had caching at the time. I just wish they'd hurry up and make the switch totally to HTML5.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I haven't done nay special theming or anything and I still have the + on my new tab button. Should I feel left out?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

unpronounceable posted:

When I'm working on a research project, I'll often have pinned tabs, and multiple windows open. Sometimes, I'll close the window with the pinned tabs before remembering that I have other windows open. Is there a way to keep the pinned tabs persistent between sessions unless I remove them manually, or will I have to use an extension of some sort?
I do this too and it's a massive pain. I really miss being able to restore an entire closed window and once like I used to do with Opera.

In fact, recovering closed tabs in general was so much better in Opera.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

LooKMaN posted:

Is there a way to switch tabs with mousewheel in Chrome yet? I've been trying to switch over from Opera but can't get used to clicking tabs.
The "Chrome Toolbox" extension allows this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
And god help you if you want to rewind a few seconds to watch a bit again.