Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MrDingleDangle posted:

Did I miss how he knew he had a photographic memory? Was it his answer to what the kids were wearing? Seems pretty risky assuming someone who happened to remember clothing that he saw (while sober) was worn by people committing a violent crime against a friend would be able to remember everything that was asked of him and jury makeup while he is drunk.

I fired the episode up on Hulu and jumped to the questioning and it looks like the attorney just found out while redirecting. First he asked what the defense just asked him and he recounted every question in order so the attorney then asked about what the defendants were wearing that night which he then recounted in detail. Not sure if there were any clues before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lenny's entrance into the show is so cool :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Vanilla episode with Chevy Chase has a loving hardcore ending where he tries to sell his son down the river to avoid going to jail.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this? posted:

The Vanilla episode with Chevy Chase has a loving hardcore ending where he tries to sell his son down the river to avoid going to jail.

That was the Mel Gibson episode, right? They did a similar thing on SVU with Michael McKean as a sleazy producer.

Edit: We canceled our cable about a month ago. God, I miss Vanilla. :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They show it on Ion, which is over the air in some areas.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Carver and the Bunk in the same episode!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kurtofan posted:

Lenny's entrance into the show is so cool :allears:

As great as Lenny was, I kinda wish he'd stayed that sketchy and flamboyant. He got the grizzled wiseass thing going on real quick afterwards.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Currently on the recent crossover. Groaned when I saw Yates again but it's actually been pretty exciting.

MrDingleDangle posted:

Did I miss how he knew he had a photographic memory? Was it his answer to what the kids were wearing? Seems pretty risky assuming someone who happened to remember clothing that he saw (while sober) was worn by people committing a violent crime against a friend would be able to remember everything that was asked of him and jury makeup while he is drunk.
He claimed to have an eidetic memory earlier in the episode which Barba recalled.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 23, 2016

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I honestly don't know how the blond lady in the Chicago PD crossover didn't get fired. Blatant insubordination, endangering an officer's life (her reaction to Dodds being shot was to run out waving a flashlight everywhere, which could have gotten them both killed), and suffering with emotional/mental problems that are obviously impairing her from doing her job well...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

YeahTubaMike posted:

I honestly don't know how the blond lady in the Chicago PD crossover didn't get fired. Blatant insubordination, endangering an officer's life (her reaction to Dodds being shot was to run out waving a flashlight everywhere, which could have gotten them both killed), and suffering with emotional/mental problems that are obviously impairing her from doing her job well...

Police shows in general are a little loose with the rules.

This goes back quite a while too; in the X-Files every major character has either faked their death or be framed for murder, some multiple times.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Been mentioned before but no Law & Order character should have a job by this point. Even Ben Stone and Jack McCoy played fast & loose at times.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The best was when Michael Cutter went and did something (I can't remember what) behind Jack's back and it had a whole bunch of consequences and Jack was all "NOW I KNOW WHY ADAM SCHIFF WAS SO GRUMPY ALL THE TIME".

Yes Jack, it's because you would do exactly the same thing, every time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

computer parts posted:

Police shows in general are a little loose with the rules.

That's fair, but there's a history at least of SVU characters suffering consequences for their actions. The psych guy was suspended for giving the druggie some sort of illegal heroin drug, that one ADA was disbarred for evidence tampering, I'm sure Stabler was also put on desk duty at one point.

This lady acts like a total dipshit and nothing happens.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Makes Mike Logan's 15 year stint walking the beat in Staten Island for punching a city councillor seem a bit harsh...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

The best was when Michael Cutter went and did something (I can't remember what) behind Jack's back and it had a whole bunch of consequences and Jack was all "NOW I KNOW WHY ADAM SCHIFF WAS SO GRUMPY ALL THE TIME".

"Darkness," the second episode of Season 18. Cutter tries to get Judge Bradley to sign a warrant for Lupo and Green to break into a hardware store as they're looking for a missing girl, Bradley tells him to go pound sand and Cutter tells the detectives to go in anyway.

"What's next, Mike, juggling chainsaws?"

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

HookShot posted:

Makes Mike Logan's 15 year stint walking the beat in Staten Island for punching a city councillor seem a bit harsh...

Yeah, but that makes perfect sense, because the city councilor has pull and the incident made headlines. Of course he'd be able to get Logan shipped off to Staten Island. The stuff happening on SVU might have been less ethical, but it was also less visible.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Timby posted:

"Darkness," the second episode of Season 18. Cutter tries to get Judge Bradley to sign a warrant for Lupo and Green to break into a hardware store as they're looking for a missing girl, Bradley tells him to go pound sand and Cutter tells the detectives to go in anyway.

"What's next, Mike, juggling chainsaws?"

That's right, that was it.

The best part of that is the way Cutter told Jack about it.

"What's wrong with the warrant Mike??"
"There's nothing wrong with it?"
"Why not?"
"Because... there was no warrant?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

That's right, that was it.

The best part of that is the way Cutter told Jack about it.

"What's wrong with the warrant Mike??"
"There's nothing wrong with it?"
"Why not?"
"Because... there was no warrant?"

The best part is the way McCoy just snarls in response. "MIKE."

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.
This week Rollins was even crazier off the cuff. She goes undercover without telling anyone, get drunk and hopes someone tries to rape her and just assume she can fight off 2 rapists.

Thats deserves a stern talking to Rollins!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Welp, you done hosed UP NOW, Olivia.

You're a wild card! Give us your gun and your badge!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gonz posted:

Welp, you done hosed UP NOW, Olivia.

You're a wild card! Give us your gun and your badge!

She has a bout of consumption

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Really?

This is what gets Olivia suspended?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Are vanilla and CI on streaming anywhere? I have Hulu, and SVU is on there, but I need my Goren and Briscoe fixes.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
drat was that episode ever a wet fart. I'm sure next week will have the squad pulling together to clear Tucker. SVU needs a clean start. Benson delenda est.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

SVU needs to be shut the gently caress down, and any of the other shows should be brought back one way or another.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Law & Order: Vice

Law & Order: Transportation Bureau

Law & Order: Taxi Squad

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Law & Order: From the creators of Chicago PD!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Law & Order: Staten Island

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

HookShot posted:

Law & Order: Staten Island

Starring the Wu-Tang Clan, Thursday nights on NBC.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Warren Leight, who has been running SVU ever since Neal Baer's departure following Season 12, is leaving after this season concludes. Replacing him is Rick Eid, who previously served as an executive producer on the decent-ish Season 16 and the holy balls loving terrible Season 17 of Vanilla, and was also largely in charge of Trial By Jury.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I saw this story on Yahoo and wonder how soon before we go full circle and this becomes an SVU episode.

http://news.yahoo.com/recall-issued-mom-discovers-pedophile-144446471.html

quote:

A vigilant Florida mom discovered a symbol on her child's toy truck that led to a massive recall.

Nicole O'Kelly bought the pink truck for her 2-year-old daughter at a Monster Jam event in the Tampa area. At first, she didn't think much of the heart symbol on the back of the toy. But her older daughter, a Law & Order: Special Victims Unit fan (and seriously smart cookie), noticed the symbol from the TV show and told her mother immediately.

According to Slate, the symbol, a heart surrounded by a larger heart, is a secret code for pedophiles. It signals that a female child is ready to be trafficked for sex.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh no, my kindergarten class made so many pedophile symbol cards on valentine's day. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I looked it up and according to Snopes child molesters actually use that symbol, and what's more it's the exact same one line design instead of "just" a heart within a heart. Really bizarre. Normally I'd be trashing them for sensationalism and getting their info from a trashy shitshow like SVU, but if I was a parent I'd probably be concerned too in this case.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Isn't that also the good humor ice cream logo?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So was there some recent Catholic pedophile ring involving government officials or is this just playing off the old stereotypes?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Triggerfish eh?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Watching an old rerun and Abbie just called Jack "John".

It is weird hearing that without it coming from like a judge asking for John J McCoy. I mean Abbie trying to stop Jack from getting into a fistfight with Green, but still.

This episode has to be a season finale...It's got Jamie, Skoda,a school shooting.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

If I'm guessing right, that sounds like School Daze, which oddly enough was not the Season 11 finale. (I think that year ended with a goofy episode about vote rigging for a senate race.)

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Yup. On both counts.
Did vanilla have an early premiere, or did they find a nice not-very-controversial season premiere for 12 with the whole 9/11 thing. Cause the season 12 premiere is the one with the pit bull....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Don't quote me but I think NBC delayed all of its premieres following 9/11.

• Locked thread