Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I wonder if there are some sequencing issues in season 6 with the episodes, because the Rey Curtis character is all over the place.

He starts out as the rookie for a few episodes, then learns to behave and be a proper cop and then he's back to basically being a rookie and yelling about how he isn't the horse police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just watched a really weirdly edited CI episode with Logan and Wheeler, they just randomly spliced in scenes from later in the episode, it looks really out of place.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

LongDarkNight posted:

And the preview for next week makes it seem like Benson has fallen in to the clutches of Rapists once again.

Can't someone else on the force fall into the clutches of Rapists for a change?

And where was Barba, anyway?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I'm loving how they took all the fans' "Olivia's baby is in danger again" bitching to heart and are instead trolling us by repeatedly setting up that scenario and then BAM everything's actually fine.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kurtofan posted:

Just watched a really weirdly edited CI episode with Logan and Wheeler, they just randomly spliced in scenes from later in the episode, it looks really out of place.

There was a lot of really weird editing during that season.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Is it the one where that firefighter dies and it turns out he's gay and they get into a fistfight at the firehouse?

The best part of that whole episode is when the higher ups bring out Logan and Wheeler's files and Wheeler's file is like five pieces of paper and Logan's is two inches thick.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HookShot posted:

Is it the one where that firefighter dies and it turns out he's gay and they get into a fistfight at the firehouse?

The best part of that whole episode is when the higher ups bring out Logan and Wheeler's files and Wheeler's file is like five pieces of paper and Logan's is two inches thick.

Yup that's the one.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

SVU: welp cringe

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 13, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching a season one episode of Vanilla and its surprisingly racist. Greevey calls an Indian doctor "gunga din" and the guy they're prosecuting complains about "shyster" lawyers.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I kept waiting for last night's antagonist to ask for the release of the seven members of the New Provo Front, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec and the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gonz posted:

I kept waiting for last night's antagonist to ask for the release of the seven members of the New Provo Front, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec and the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement.

Nice going with posting that. He just died.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

No, no, no, no.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

gently caress 2016. :(

gently caress CANCER.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Gonz posted:

gently caress 2016. :(

gently caress CANCER.

idunno 2016 has been pretty ok to me so far I went from being homeless to having my own apartment in the first week

but yeah otherwise it can go suck a dick so far.

Or be "interrogated" by a tag team of Fontana and Stabler.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Kilonum posted:

Or be "interrogated" by a tag team of Fontana and Stabler.

Bad Cop and Bad Cop: They're bad cops.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Oh gawd another high school plot, except this time the actors/actresses can't pass as teens

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I've been watching season 15 and 16 again and it always makes me laugh how Fontana is incapable of not being super loving sketchy seeming.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HookShot posted:

I've been watching season 15 and 16 again and it always makes me laugh how Fontana is incapable of not being super loving sketchy seeming.

Dennis Farina is a treasure. Go to Hulu to check out the 80s period drama Crime Story (not that it's set in the 80s, its from the 80s and the period is the early 60s) for some prime Michael Mann-produced Farina cop action.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

teethgrinder posted:

Oh gawd another high school plot, except this time the actors/actresses can't pass as teens
For all my bitching, the recent SVU wasn't terrible over all. The heavy-handed soapbox stuff at the end was a bit much, but probably warranted. The ending (overly-cautious spoilering) was believable and reasonable despite the fallout .. still realistic.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Dennis Farina is a treasure. Go to Hulu to check out the 80s period drama Crime Story (not that it's set in the 80s, its from the 80s and the period is the early 60s) for some prime Michael Mann-produced Farina cop action.

Will do, thanks!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

muscles like this? posted:

Watching a season one episode of Vanilla and its surprisingly racist. Greevey calls an Indian doctor "gunga din" and the guy they're prosecuting complains about "shyster" lawyers.

That's the first episode aired right? In general I really don't like Greevey, my least favorite main cop. Just really abrasive and annoying.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
So today I put on "Ain't No Love" and decided to have a nap. I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, then somehow my brain made me wake up for about 5 seconds to hear "is this because I'm a lesbian?" and then promptly fell asleep again.

Thank you brain, for making sure I didn't miss out on that absolute gem, even in my sleep.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BigDave posted:

Bad Cop and Bad Cop: They're bad cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMgEtZLXNRY

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Hahahaha, my fiance is watching this episode of CI where they open on a music video of some girl doing a Britney Spears style song. Then we cut to her in the studio trying to record the song, with the video up on a screen and the producer is trying to tell her "Just do it like you did in the video." I need a smilie that's a :psyduck: but is also laughing his rear end off.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Re: last episode ... they really went to the archives for this one http://www.nytimes.com/1964/03/27/37-who-saw-murder-didnt-call-the-police.html?_r=0

Would guess they've revisited that theme a dozen times by now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What we need is a gay gamergate episode. That way Ice-T can talk about camping while being on the down low.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

teethgrinder posted:

Re: last episode ... they really went to the archives for this one http://www.nytimes.com/1964/03/27/37-who-saw-murder-didnt-call-the-police.html?_r=0

Would guess they've revisited that theme a dozen times by now.

Yeah, I remember the original Vanilla episode (s6e10, "Remand") that covered it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Another Chicago PD/SVU two hour crossover next week, featuring those two serial killer buddies from last season pulling the ol' "break out of prison to seek revenge" Law & Order gimmick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember when Law & Order used to be about realistic crime stories?

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Yeah, that was when "Law & Order" was on TV. SVU and CI were never about that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The most recent episode?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Like the second episode of Law and Order is about a white woman shooting a black guy for being black in public and getting away with it. It doesn't get more realistic than that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

They're gonna give Olivia an alcohol problem, aren't they? There have been an unusual amount of "focus on her re-filling a wine glass" shots the last two seasons.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Gonz posted:

They're gonna give Olivia an alcohol problem, aren't they? There have been an unusual amount of "focus on her re-filling a wine glass" shots the last two seasons.

I loved the alcoholic with the photographic memory. He killed it this episode.

But Olivia's behaviour is just normal NYC mom stuff. Her problem is she doesn't have a husband and that stupid Owen kid is reason enough to drink.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ned posted:

That turned out to be a decent twist (though I groaned initially), on an otherwise old story. The court part was handled really well too, both the defence thinking they had a slam dunk, and Barba getting inspired.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
This serial killer has the exact same smarmy look as Ted Cruz.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Yates sorta looks like a deranged John Ritter.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
SVU just came back from its mid-season break in the UK, and the sheer level cop out on the cliffhanger was hilarious.

Oh no, Rollins is in trouble :ohdear:

Oh wait, flashforward six weeks later and she had the baby fine off screen, continue with the episode. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.

Ned posted:

Did I miss how he knew he had a photographic memory? Was it his answer to what the kids were wearing? Seems pretty risky assuming someone who happened to remember clothing that he saw (while sober) was worn by people committing a violent crime against a friend would be able to remember everything that was asked of him and jury makeup while he is drunk.

• Locked thread