Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Is there any good book on Taft and his presidency(hopefully with an audio book version as well). All I've heard was that he was a worthless president and I'd like to find if there's another side to this coin. For example I think I once heard Teddy Roosevelt thought he was going to be the puppet-master but Taft then surprised everyone by standing his own ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I just finished Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA. It surprised me that CIA's ops seem to be a coin flip or worse odds, and that the agency is like a snowball going down a mountain and can't course correct to fix its problems ever since its inception.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

That book man, that book made me glad I'm not a drinking man. If there's one glimmer of hope in that torrid time, its was that I learned of the actions of Roger Casement, E. D. Morel, and George Washington Williams.