Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!
I wouldn't mind some recommendations for medieval British history. I'm particularly interested in stuff surrounding Edward I-III and the Hundred Years War, or the Wars of the Roses.

On a whim, I picked up this book:

which is a really awesome account of Roger Mortimer. This guy held the border between England and Wales for years, then restored order to a wartorn Ireland after a Scottish invasion. Then the king has Mortimer and his uncle arrested, and Roger escapes the Tower of London, beds the Queen of England, deposes Edward II and rules from the background using Edward III as a front for three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU