Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
Just started reading the first volume of Will Durant's Story of Civilization after buying a kindle and finding that it's actually available for purchase in ebook form on Amazon. If this continues as strongly as it has started, this should keep my history reading needs filled for a long, long time to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
Can anyone recommend a good book on the Empire of Japan, with a focus on Japanese expansionism in the lead up to and during the pacific war? Preferably not too focused on the military aspect so much as the politics and international consequences.

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
Sorry I guess i wasn't specific enough. I guess I'm looking for a bigger picture than just the Pacific War, which I feel like is covered pretty well in a lot of places. I'm more interest in the period covering the First Sino-Japanese War right up until the Pacific War.