Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
These past few weeks I've been reading books that cover the history of a very specific subject. Don't know if there's a term for these. I've read Bread: A Global History, which was good and Library: An Unquiet History, which was great. Do these count as history books? If so, can someone recommend similar books?

Edit: On any topic, really. I just really like the amount of detail and history behind even the simplest of things. It reminded me of a time my teacher completely forgo a whole class to talk about the wonders that is the small intestine. Though if you have one about doors I would love to read it.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU