Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Has anyone read Weavers, Scribes and Kings by Amanda Podany? It's been very readable but informative, definitely the best book covering ancient Mesopotamia that I've ever read. She also appears to be an academic historian so certainly the research feels sound. The book receives my solid recommendation if nothing else.

Is the Durant couple's Story of Civilization still the best attempt to cover most of human history in a widely accessible format? I read the first two books when I was younger and always meant to continue but they were not the kind of reading I could easily commit to in university

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU