Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ed balls balls man
Apr 17, 2006

Boondock Saint posted:

Great thread, I was always wondering why TBB was lacking something like this.

Some books I can recommend.

Crucible of War
A fantastic book on the Seven Years War(AKA The French and Indian War) and the effects that helped to bring on the American Revolution. The book is extremely well written (as well as concise) and doesn't feel like a chore at all to read through.

I'm about halfway through this so far as some general background reading for my dissertation and it's a superb piece of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ed balls balls man
Apr 17, 2006

Alberta Cross posted:

This is an excellent book on the crusades. the last book I read was God's War, and that was an overly harsh read. Very academic. This one was a lot more enjoyable.

While i've not read that exact book by Ashbridge, i've read his work on the first crusade and as you say, it's much easier to digest in comparison to God's War (which I did like though).