Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
I've been rereading Neal Stephenson's The Baroque Cycle and am almost done. I'd really like to get further into a couple of topics and would love any recommendations. I saw the one from earlier about Isaac Newton as the head of the mint, and I'm definitely going to pick that one up. I'm also interested in the Royal Society of London's history and members, or just 17th-18th Century science in general. Anything about the rebuilding or architecture of London after the fire would be great as well.

Essentially, if you've read The Baroque Cycle, you kind of know what I'm looking for: 17th-18th century science, banking, coinage, piracy. Oh, and syphilis. I am always interested in learning about diseases, and would really like to read a book not just about famous poxy historical figures, but specifically how the disease changed and evolved with the human race over the course of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU