Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

exquisite tea posted:

My wife and I spent $100 so we could hook up one of those cameras to spy on our cats when we're away and it ended up being a great investment, even though they're just sleeping 99% of the time.

I do this and was told I'm a cruel cat owner for not boarding them or making someone come over and check on them every day.

It's like... I left food and water and have a camera that records when they go to the food and water, I think they're ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

bows1 posted:

Finally seeing Young Fathers tomorrow after they postponed their October show last year. Had these tickets for over a year now! Their Cocoa Sugar tour was one of my favorite shows ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZ4wQbqfAc

Man wish I could see them tonight getting on a flight early tmrw morning

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
New Vampire Weekend is out, and it's decent. Big improvement over the last one just by virtue of not having Koenig and Haim's mediocre attempt at country music scattered throughout.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Modest Mouse's Good News 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition is out. The remixes are hit or miss, but I do enjoy a couple of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFo6QIsvN-0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uJ5bfz-9FU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It’s really 20 years old at this point oh god.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeezy posted:

It’s really 20 years old at this point oh god.
Right?! I remember buying it the day it came out. I'm elderly.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
New Orville Peck and Willie Nelson collab just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BirJMnMcfBs

Seems like Orville is getting ready to soft launch his face for those who haven't seen the whole package years ago before he came up with the persona

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Remember when the weeknd was all mysterious and hid his face to gain momentum reminds me of that

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

There’s a new album coming out too. I guess it was announced beforehand but I completely missed it.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic posted:

Right?! I remember buying it the day it came out. I'm elderly.

I know I actually paid money instead of using soulseek.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Listened to the Temper Trap album Conditions after hearing some of their songs remixed in a DJ set.

It's still tight. Holds up well. Not just nostalgia that makes me remember it fondly. Not one of my favourite albums of all time or anything I can see myself listening to the full thing occasionally going forward.

e: lol I still remember one review from the time it came out that was like 'I can't tell if this album is good or not. I can't rate this album like I normally would. It sounds dope. But then again with this guy's voice and the session musicians involved behind him, he could belt out the phone book and it'd be dope. Stars (Out of five): N/A'

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 7, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bright Bart posted:

Listened to the Temper Trap album Conditions after hearing some of their songs remixed in a DJ set.

Their song "Sweet Disposition" remains an all time great.

Listening to the new Vampire Weekend, is it just me, or does it seem like they reuse some musical themes throughout their discography? Or is that unintentional?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Holy poo poo I love the new Vampire Weekend, way better than the last one and an argument it is their best?

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Nihonniboku posted:

Their song "Sweet Disposition" remains an all time great.

Fader is a close second on that album for me. The instrumentals are a lot more derivative and sound like a generic rock band. But the lyrics are an attempt at good poetry. I'm not saying it's a successful attempt. But usually when such an attempt fails it sounds pretentious at best and downright cringey at worst. Neither of these apply here.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

T Bowl posted:

Holy poo poo I love the new Vampire Weekend, way better than the last one and an argument it is their best?

It’s pretty solid the whole way through. I liked it a lot.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
They are doing a lot of self referencing and it’s great but it doesn’t top modern vampires of the city for me

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
anyone else listening to chappell roan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPNR-_Cfn0

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Chappell Chat has been happening in the Roan Zoan (pop music thread) since Red Wine Supernova came out.

Her new single absolutely fucks too

https://youtu.be/1RKqOmSkGgM?si=RZs8-7Uj3GCdVM5h

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
It's a really solid album; I can't stop listening to Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
St Vincent has announced an EU tour, consisting of four (4) dates with two in the UK, and one each in Luxembourg (?) and Belgium. Going to try and get those Royal Albert Hall tickets tomorrow morning (and very apropos, as my first and last time at that venue I saw my other favourite band, Nine Inch Nails).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

bows1 posted:

They are doing a lot of self referencing and it’s great but it doesn’t top modern vampires of the city for me

1. Modern Vampires
2. Self-Titled
3. Father of the Bride
4. Only God was Above Us
5. Contra

And that's not a sleight

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

It's a really solid album; I can't stop listening to Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl.

Tickets for her show went from $38 to $385 in the last two weeks :psypop:

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fQGCc_O18

Ima just leave this here.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Nihonniboku posted:

1. Modern Vampires
2. Self-Titled
3. Father of the Bride
4. Only God was Above Us
5. Contra

And that's not a sleight

Nah this one is probably 2nd, and Contra is 4th. Father of the bride is fine but clearly their low point. Opinions.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

T Bowl posted:

Nah this one is probably 2nd, and Contra is 4th. Father of the bride is fine but clearly their low point. Opinions.

Father is bloated for sure, and sounded at times too much like a Haim record, but there were tracks that really stood out and caught my attention immediately. While I'm enjoying Only God so far, none of the tracks seem like immediate bangers to me.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The magic in Vampire Weekend left with Rostam. OGWAU has all the trappings of classic Vampire Weekend, but it never really comes together in the way that the original 3 albums did

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Nihonniboku posted:

Father is bloated for sure, and sounded at times too much like a Haim record, but there were tracks that really stood out and caught my attention immediately. While I'm enjoying Only God so far, none of the tracks seem like immediate bangers to me.

That's where we differ then yeah. I feel like the melody and catchy tunes definitely have their place, but I much prefer the intricate production and weird vibes of this album.

Vampire Weekend always felt like melody was the most important factor but this time they're really nailing that studio masterwork.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I need to give the new one more listens before I could rank it with respect to the other ones, but I'm surprised to see people not liking Contra that much. I really enjoyed that album. Father of the Bride has about a half dozen excellent tracks and the rest of it can gently caress off into the sun. At some point I need to just remove the offending tracks from my library and then pretend like it was always just a great EP.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Unbearably White is one of the most gorgeous songs, really makes FOTB for me.

Classical is an incredible track. Still acclimating to the rest.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Father of the Bride is a typical double album in that there’s a side of material that’s a little lesser in there. But there’s a lot of good material. I loved the super jammy Sunflower when they toured the record. It was a fantastic show.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I really like Father of the Bride, although its not an album that I have revisited much since listening to it a ton for a month or two in 2019.

My least favourite album is Contra, but I have warmed up to it in recent years.

Unsure where the new album will land, but Modern Vampires is still their best. Unbelievers is just such a good song.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Modern vampires is their only album that really clicked with me. Haven’t listened to the new one yet though

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://x.com/coachella/status/1777786028730056925?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Man this Coachella feels really weak compared to the last few, the headliners are all pretty good but honestly if I were there I’d have trouble filling my schedule, especially on Sunday

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOu9QY9P64

What the HELL is this guitar tone and how does one go about achieving it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

DC Murderverse posted:

Also on the Coachella streams tonight, bolded the most indie thread relevant acts:

(All times Pacific, so yes, Lana is going on at 2:20am EST)

Channel 1:
4:45 PM - Young Miko
6:00 PM - Sabrina Carpenter
7:35 PM - Lil Uzi Vert
9:05 PM - Peso Pluma
11:20 PM - Lana Del Rey

Channel 2:
5:25 PM - L’Impératrice
6:45 PM - Deftones
8:10 PM - Everything Always
10:15 PM - Justice
11:30 PM - Honey Dijon x Green Velvet

Channel 3:
4:00 PM - Cloonee
5:20 PM - Ken Carson
6:30 PM - Skepta
7:45 PM - Bizarrap
9:15 PM - Peggy Gou
10:45 PM - Ateez
12:00 AM - Steve Angello

Channel 4:
4:00 PM - Mall Grab
4:30 PM - The Japanese House
5:40 PM - Faye Webster

6:55 PM - Tinashe
8:20 PM - Yoasobi
9:50 PM - Hatsune Miku
11:15 PM - Anti Up

Channel 5:
4:20 PM - Sid Sriram
5:30 PM - Chappell Roan
6:45 PM - Brittany Howard

8:00 PM - Neil Frances
9:15 PM - Chlöe
10:30 PM - Suki Waterhouse

Channel 6:
4:00 PM - Late Night Drive Home
4:50 PM - The Beths
5:55 PM - Eartheater
7:00 PM - Narrow Head
8:00 PM - Black Country, New Road
9:05 PM - Clown Core
10:20 PM - Son Rompe Pera

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh sweet, Deftones

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties new album In Lieu Of Flowers came out today and it's super good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYxDp7iJ9MU

Alone At St. Luke's is a great song

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Youtube recommended me this band, Terminals, a few months back. Like the song they released a few days ago. Pretty alt-rock shoegazey. And I'm really surprised by how few views their videos have.....especially since youtube is recommending them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6P2xEVIqbE

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

imagine being the guy who has to tell Blur that Song2 better be early in the setlist cause the kids are gonna leave to go see Ice Spice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

priznat posted:

Oh sweet, Deftones

And Black Country, New Road who I am seeing in two weeks!