Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Cokeysmoke posted:

Having had a quick listen to the new Tennis album i'm really enjoying it! They're playing quite close to me in Rough Trade East in London tonight but i can't afford the train there, so i'm gonna have to phone them up tomorrow to see if they have any memorabilia left over.
I'm enjoying their new album. Eagerly looking forward to them opening for White Rabbits when they're in Philly. Debating whether or not to try and find as much as I can on White Rabbits new album before the show or just go in blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

toby posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think a trailer for a single is an irritating thing.
Yeah, seriously. Especially when it only contains like 5 seconds of an actual beat.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

CaptainYesterday posted:

New Franz Ferdinand album coming out in August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrpNIgRJhfI
While I'm looking forward to this, what's up with this concept that an album needs a trailer or something. I thought that was what singles were for.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Saw CHVRCHES the other day (Sunday) at Union Transfer in Philly. Great show, really high energy, and then there was no encore. This is like the most confusing thing in the world when a band just...doesn't come back and the house lights turn on. Ton of people milled around and everyone was kind of "uh...what's going on here?". Daughter did the same thing, maybe UT is just cursed. :iiam:

Nice Davis posted:

Man, The Royal Concept sure sounds a lot like Phoenix.
I still think this is Phoenix. They sound just so similar in terms of singers, drat.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

B-Side posted:

Holy Ghost! has been one of my favorite groups on DFA ever since LCD Soundsystem went away, and they've got a new album out 9/10 called Dynamics. Pitchfork's currently got the stream:

http://pitchfork.com/advance/202-dynamics/

It's 80s-inspired electro-pop with some awesome rock/dance-y rhythms.
It's great, but I dunno, maybe it's because I loved their first album so much, but I feel like this one is a slight departure in style (a bit less catchy in the hooks?). Like I said, I think it's still great, just not as great. Maybe it needs more time to grow on me, on my second spin of it.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
The clocks are:
"clock local"
"clock vevoVid"
"clock googleVid"
Beyond that, I dunno, I don't feel like looking through javascript code to see if there's anything more.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

nasboat posted:

Not very impressed by the new MGMT album. I do like "Introspection" and a couple of others could grow on me, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact they'll never top their first album.
They're trying to evolve their song, but it's just not working considering how great their first album was. I mean, Congratulations was a solid album when taken as a whole, but it just lacked the oomph that the first one had with its singles. This album seems to be in that similar vein off a first listen.

Speaking of bands that can't top their first album, new Fratellis single hit Rdio today and it's alright, but just a bit too bluesy for me. Maybe the rest of the album will hit that high set by their first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMgmadd7vU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

TheAbortionator posted:

Another arcade fire track.

http://pitchfork.com/news/52464-arcade-fire-debut-afterlife-perform-reflektor-on-snl/

I personally love it, but I can see it bothering some fans.
It might just be me, but I couldn't get into it, but that was mainly because the mic was super quiet compared to the instruments and it just felt pretty mismatched.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

King of the Karp posted:

I haven't seen any posts about this yet, but the band Moon Hooch just released their first album recently. I'm not 100% this is the right thread for them, but that's mostly because they are so unlike anything I've heard before. They're a three man group of two saxophonists and a drummer. It's a weird set-up to be sure, but they are absolutely phenomenal. Here's the first track off their album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOTvMN0i-Y

It's really awesome stuff, and I don't think you'll find much else like it these days. They opened for They Might Be Giants back in march, which is where I first heard them. If anyone ever has the chance to see them live, absolutely DO NOT PASS IT UP. They put such energy into their show, it was incredible to watch. I've never seen a band put so much passion and energy into their performance, and it totally took over the audience.

I've been gushing about this band for the last few months, and I'm super excited they have an album out. Give them a chance if you haven't yet! They're a super cool group.

I really hope they keep going in the direction they've gone with in their last two songs, and that's having Alena Spanger provide vocals for their songs. I absolutely adore Contra.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvvo9PfB0h4

Of course, I'd feel terrible not suggestion also to look up Riot Jazz Brass Band. I feel like this thread gave me both of these recommendations a bit ago?

And then Broken Bells released a new Single. Not sure how I feel about it yet. It still feels like their continued departure from their first album which was amazing, but at the same time, it's still really good, (and that bridge). I dunno, I feel like I'll hate everything by them after that first album. :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlRcLfHVAk.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Tha Chodesweller posted:

This isn't like :filez: or anything is it? I love the album, but don't want to get blasted with $200,000,000,000 in fees for downloading 10 embedded songs off a website.
It's technically not the finished master versioned (all the songs are mixed, just not mastered, thus not finished). However, based on their tweets, you'll be able to download it anyway for free (why the download button doesn't work) once it's fully done, so it's definitely not FILES. (and they've said in the past it's gonna be free)