Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

There should be more talk about Yeule, I did a quick search and there's 2 posts about her in NMD so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRc_Ww9f0Ek

softscars is easily in my top 3 albums of 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

This is real good

This is the song that got my wife and I into her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKXD9ifn7y8

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

digitalist posted:

I’m trying to imagine how much this would cost to shoot on aerochrome :catte: Good tracks tho, will have to check her out

You got me curious, $1500 if you shot it in 16mm and got it right the first time. It's about 5k for 400 ft which is like 10 minutes run time.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've only started listening to pop and indie recently after picking up Magdalena Bay, Yeule, Carly Rae Jepsen's latest album, and boygenius and related acts like late last year so if anyone's got recommendations on where to explore in any of those directions that'd be dope. I like listening to entire albums but singles are alright too.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Shageletic posted:

It's a good album but I'm a little more partial to her previous album that hit that electronic shoe gaze spot I love so much.

https://youtu.be/Arfse3z5YzQ?si=Bn9dXvk9ruk7BLAx

Might be my favorite song of the past few years just based on how often I listen to it. Would love to hear more of this

Btw my videos don't automatically embed and I tried messing with the bb code to no avail. How are you getting yours to embed?

Glitch Princess didn't do it for me as much as softscars did but still excellent.

I'm using the awful app to paste my video links and it looks like it's the youtu.be link that's doing it. This is what the app reckons:
code:

[video type="youtube"]Arfse3z5YzQ[/video]

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Costco Meatballs posted:

The albums Loser, Superstar and The Art of Forgetting by Caroline Rose. 'Art' in particular is a masterpiece of song writing. The other two are nearly perfect pop albums
A couple songs into art and it is hitting the spot, real great so far

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Bright Bart posted:

Entirely different genre but my man Lil Wayne seems to be at his very best when he goes hard with a five minute verse no chorus. I think especially in rap this definitely sounds more 'adult'. Kendrick does it too, and André 3000 has done it once or twice as well.

Rappers like Quelle Chris, Westside Gunn, Billy Woods (thinking specifically about Aethiopes) and Earl Sweatshirt are great for that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Exciting times!