Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I enjoyed the poo poo out of Sleigh Bells' last album, Treats, and their new one, Reign of Terror is set to hit on Tuesday.

It feels like they're taking it in a new direction compared to their first album, and so far I really like it despite some apprehension by other fans. Two singles released so far are Born to Lose, which I felt was kind of meh, and Comeback Kid which is really energetic and more akin to the feel of their first album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwcUdX7XMw

I saw them in Jacksonville the day after you posted this and Alexis was wearing that Life Guard Florida shirt from the video along with the same shorts. She brought some guy up on stage at the end of their set and traded it to him for a white shirt with a full color print of an orca leaping out of the ocean. That was pretty cool.

Edit: I love Architecture in Helsinki(My Absolute Favorite Band ever since I heard their first album), The Shins, Modest Mouse, Belle And Sebastian, The Decemberists, Los Campesinos!, and The xx, and 69 Love Songs, off the top of my head. Any recommendations for similar sounds?

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Davincie posted:

I actually asked a very similar question a while ago and the recommendations I got and really liked were Fight Like Apes (definitely my favourite), Japandroids, The Mae Shi and Johnny Foreigner. I was also recommended early danananananaykroyd, attack! attack! and tubelord but haven't gotten time to check them out yet.

I took the advice from earlier on Fight Like Apes and Johnny Foreigner and loved them both.

Other Twee stuff you might be into: Architecture in Helsinki's second and third album(the first Is way more low key and the latest is much more poppy)