Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

resident posted:

Washed Out was...interesting the last time I saw him/them. He doesn't use the same vocal filtering as the album and the songs are more uptempo. It honestly kind of ruins it for me.

I had the opposite feeling. I absolutely loved their set love, didn't really want to hear them do the same thing I can already listen to at home. Much more enveloping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

cheese eats mouse posted:

Has anyone seen St Vincent's tour for the new album yet? I love the new album, but debating driving 3.5 hours to Columbus to see this tour. It would fall between between driving to Cincinnati (1.5 hours) for Chvrches on Monday and Asheville, NC (6 hours) on Friday.

Even as much as a road warrior I am it just needs to be worth it. Note I saw her with David Byrne for Love This Giant and had a great time.

I've seen her twice this year and both were great. She was better the second time, as she appears to have loosened up a bit on stage as she got more comfortable with the songs

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Yeah why would a band that does summer jams drop their album in early spring????

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Admiral Bosch posted:

is this the thread where we talk about Kurt Vile because his latest album, Bottle It In, is real real good. Top tracks for me are Come Again and Check Baby.

It is very good and I’m psyched to see him again next month

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The Sturgill album slays. Make Art Not Friends is an incredible song.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The discourse around all her album releases is weird and generally just best ignored. Even if it is her fault.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I could (and sometimes do) listen to One Sunday Morning for hours on end. Just a beautiful rhythm to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

was hoping for luna or ylt, but ended up with drive by truckers, which will be gifted to my nephews. was secretly hoping to bro down with dean wareham and hearing some stories about opening for the velvet underground

I got YLT and I’m super psyched to see them in a small venue again