Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brrrger
Feb 4, 2006

Toadstrieb posted:

I am pretty surprised to have not seen a single mention of CHAIRLIFT, though I hope absence here is evidence of ubiquitous love. If not, they're...I'm not very good at this...a synth/electro duo with female vocals and an 80s/new wave (kind of) sound? That description doesn't begin to do justice to their artistic ability, but to me, they sound like the perfection of the recent wave of nostalgia for fast, passionate songs with hooks that are distinct while sounding like old hits, like the best music of a whole decade, imported from a slightly different alternate universe. Within two weeks, they have eclipsed the competition on my most played list. The album is a 10/10 for me, and a top 5 of my young

Even though I really disliked Chairlift's first album, their new album is probably my favorite of 2012 so far. Wrong Opinion, Met Before and Sidewalk Safari are fantastic songs, but almost all the songs are really good. So in other words, even if you hated Chairlift's last album, at least give this one a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU