Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
On the other hand, the Pebble is at $9,871,311 of $100,000; here's hoping people who sign on now see one in under two years.

e: they're swearing by September still, actually. Also, heads-up guys: they capped the campaign at 85,000 watches and there's only 1,154 left as of 1:10 PM EST. Here's a tracker for the remaining stock, and it goes down every time I refresh the drat page:

http://computingeureka.com/pebble/

So if you want one this year, go go go.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Oh nice, an article published yesterday about the watch Sony made two years ago. Maybe it took that long to come over from Europe?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
This poo poo right here, this is why I don't look at sunsets.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

unlawfulsoup posted:

What bothers me more is that someone wearing it can be recording everything they see. Not to say people cannot do it already if they really wanted to, but the idea of tons of most people constantly recording things kind of unsettles me. Probably me being a luddite, but one way or another I guess this is where things are going.

I see this as an anti-Glass reason a lot, but video-recording wearables have been around for at least thirty years. I've wanted a Looxie for a while (their prototype debuted in 2008) and that just looks like a Bluetooth earpiece.

At least Glass is obvious and visible to people who are concerned about being recorded, most of the other types are trying to be unseen or actively concealed.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 29, 2013

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Fingers crossed for realtime Augmented Reality x-ray vision. Also an Underpants Vision mode, and a mode that turns guns into radios and vice versa.