Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Call me a curmodgeon, while google glasses is cool and all but I really dont look forward to having am HUD for my actual life and things that I see.

Imagine, you're watching a beautiful sunset and soaking it in and getting lost in time, then suddenly "HEY CHECK IT OUT IT'S 6:49 PM LOOKEE THERE THAT'S A COOL SUNSET WANNA LIVESTREAM/TWEET IT? dont forget your doctors appointment tommorow! also mom tried calling you by skype!"

*looks at iphone hypocritically to check the time and twitter*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

fletcher posted:

I got a Venu 2 Plus and while I like it overall, there's a few places it falls short and I was wondering if there's any solutions for them I haven't come across:

1. Lack of turn by turn directions with a small picture of the map. Visiting a new city I hate having to keep my phone out when walking around trying to get places. I downloaded Maps Nav and while it gets me the turn by turn on my wrist, there's no image of the map so if the intersections are a little wonky I still end up pulling out my phone to double check the route.
2. No way to respond to notifications. Okta login "yes it's me" or getting an email and no ability to tap archive or delete. Getting a text message and not being able to mark it as read. I feel like I end up reading every notification twice now, once on my watch, and later on my phone.
3. No easy way to take one of the default watch faces and just add an image in the background. I want to see my cats on my wrist. They have an app to customize the watch face, but then it looks like absolute garbage compared to the OOTB watch faces.
4. I have a Garmin Tacx indoor bike trainer...am I suppose to record my rides on the tacx app as well as the watch? What do people usually do here? Is garmin aware that I'm using both?

That being said...things I love about it:
1. Reading one time login codes that come in via SMS
2. SubMusic app to sync content from my Subsonic compatible music server to my watch, listening to music when I go running without having to carry my phone
3. Recording physical activities & tracking stats with it, of course

Thanks man for this, I am waiting to see the Apple conference in a few days, if the Apple ‘pro’ watch is too expensive the Venu 2 plus is my second option for fitness tracking.

Does it have NFC payment?

How good is the integration with Siri or other voice commands?