Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

He said always on, which I take as the screen always being on. That rapes my battery.

Eh? I clearly said ambient mode. Review the posts above? There is no "always on" option with Moto 360. They are not the same thing.

This is fresh off you claiming that ambient mode doesn't change the time. Do you have a 360 or something else?

Technogeek posted:

EDIT: As in the Android Wear app calls it "Screen always on" while the watch calls it "Ambient mode".

The phone app says "ambient screen," when synced with a 360 at least.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Also Three Olives is a completely different person.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Three Olives posted:

I guess I missed that this was running Wear, I thought it was some random ASUS OS.

Swappable bands, attractive, OLED, stainless steel case, Snapdragon 400, if this has a decent battery and an ambient light sensor this might be the Wear watch to hold out for, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.

Yes, but can it do this

(the answer is, yes it can)

I think the Asus brand scares a lot of people off, probably unfairly.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Len posted:

How do I get that on my watch? Because I think I want that in my watch.

Download Facer on Google Play, go to facerepo.com on your phone and search for peefart. Then go back to Facer, select it from your download folder, et voila.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ummmm I have another one

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

G-Prime posted:

Is that LG's new one? Thoughts so far?

Yup, G Watch R.

The screen/hardware blows away the Moto 360. I'd say the watch is better in every way, except I think I like the 360's appearance as a fashion accessory better... which is not insignificant.

I used a big black G-Shock every day before my smart watch addiction though so it's definitely my style. Needs a better band though, not a fan of leather on this or 360 (they're pretty much the same).

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 22, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I finally found a digital face that I love. Closest thing to material design, great activation/deactivation animations and very customizable:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pujie.wristwear.pujieblack

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

What are you talking about? You can get these features right now

GPS (paired with phone)
heart rate monitor
round face
snapdragon 400 or better processor(not the slow TI)
wireless charging

G Watch R is technically not wireless charging (magnetic) but the charger is nice and easy.

Also the 4.4W.2 updated added a compass to my face today, which is pretty cool/useless in my city where mountains=north.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 23, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

He asked for GPS and NFC though too, and none have that.

True on NFC, but...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bull3964 posted:

No, you aren't quite understanding. The LG G R does not have an internal GPS chip, it's getting that info via bluetooth from the phone. He wants an Android Wear watch with built in GPS that won't have to rely on a phone.

He never said that. There's GPS on the watch that works without ever touching your phone (I added "paired with phone" to be completely fair, but that's the case with almost everything). If you're using GPS without carrying a phone, that's a bit of a strange situation.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FormatAmerica posted:

You won it. You won the pendant pendant. Congratulations on splitting the finest of hairs.

Your responded to the wrong guy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I put peefart on my GWR and the bottom bit was still black. :( This is a big problem with Facer faces actually, only about 1 in 10 designed for full circles.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's like the difference between Samsung and Nexus phones. You can probably live with a bit of lag and might not even notice it, but if it bugs you it bugs you. It's hard to go back to my moto now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: already went back to stock band since this was too thin/shiny. Good thing I know a jewellery store employee.

Put a metal band on the GWR

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 25, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lostleaf posted:

Yeah, I meant standalone GPS and heart rate monitoring this way I can leave the phone at home to go for a jog. It seems like a moto 360 or LG watch R with GPS and better battery life is what I'm looking for.

The Sony Smart Watch 3 (just released on US Play store) has standalone GPS and pretty good specs otherwise but its looks are divisive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

G Watch R video review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6xQgFBM2kI

Looks ridiculously huge on him. Not so bad on your average whitey

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I don't think I've seen my g watch r drop below 60% yet and I wear it from 8am to 10pm most days. After 3.5 hours today it's at 94%.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thermopyle posted:

So you paid for ~60% larger battery than you need!

Oh god, can't wait until someone on reddit says that seriously.

hooah posted:

That's great and all, but I feel like this conversation is similar to the gently caress-off huge phone battery one: if it lasts a day of good use, who cares what percentage it's at when you put it on the charger, as long as it's still running? People are used to charging their [device] daily, so anything that doesn't break that routine is fine.

Agreed, but I have to baby my 360 to not worry about battery. It's almost good enough after all the updates, but not quite.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My Moto 360 mic is definitely worse than the other two Android Wear watches I've owned.

Although today I told my wife "I'm coming" and my G Watch R decided to spell it "cumming" instead.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

hotsauce posted:

Obviously pulling it from the saved dictionary terms on your phone. An intimate glimpse into your life :newlol:

Sorry if I've missed this, but what was the price for the GwR? I see some for $329 shipped from Asia. I figure if they are $249 in the US, tax will peg it within $50 of the eBay price (of which, I have $29 in eBay bucks, so looking at $11 more to get it now).

I'm married, the only person who knows about me cumming is redtube.com.

$329 US was about what I paid. No brainer as a Canadian (we still don't have 360, who knows when anything else will get released) and Fedex forgot to charge ~$25 in customs. Oopsy!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. The 360 makes major sacrifices in usability (ie screen turning completely off almost immediately) to barely get through the day for most people. If it worked like yours I would be more happy with it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Reverse Centaur posted:

Ummmm I have another one

I just realized this face said I was 71 metres above sea level while literally on the Pacific Ocean.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ohgodwhat posted:

It's just using a different geodetic system!

Yeah and it does ask for a reference elevation when you first choose the face. I guess I dramatically overestimated how far up the hill I was. RIP me next tsunami.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm surprised people care about an MS watch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm not trolling. It had zero hype ahead of time and people are pretty down on MS hardware these days.

I don't know enough about it to have a strong opinion on it myself.

And in my Canadian province they've already established a combined health card/driver's licence/goverment services card. It's pretty useless on the medical side currently (basically just to prevent non-citizens from getting free health care) but they intend to have it store the same kind of info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTHCBhSyeQ

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pocketnow doesn't seem to like the Band very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMRo8nyujUU

My Gear Fit was very similar (if not significantly better looking) and I hated it.

I finally understand why it's getting attention though - it's the only modern wearable for iOS/Windows Phone users.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm annoyed at myself - just put a pebble steel band on my 360 and now I love it. But I did it to sell it, because two android wear watches at the same time is ridiculous. But now I can't decide. :( LG is superior hardware but 360 looks so slick.

edit: using 360 again for a while made me remember how laggy it is. It is the Touchwiz of Android Wear. :byewhore: jk still a good watch, but wait for 2nd gen at this point.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 7, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

amazon should just buy BB and turn it into a showroom that only sells mail order. Its basically that already.

Future Shop (owned by best buy and basically the same thing) tried something similar near me and quickly reversed it back into a regular big box store. It must have failed spectacularly.

Although not owned by Amazon of course.

quote:

Future Shop, Canadas largest retailer and etailer of consumer electronics, is pleased to announce the opening of Futureshop.ca, its first small format store filled with the latest tech-forward products on Friday, November 2, 2012 in North Vancouver, BC. The 5,000 sq. ft. store footprint is about one fifth the size of a typical Future Shop (27,000 sq. ft.), and it offers an array of the latest cutting-edge technology with a transactional experience unmatched by any other retailer in Canada.

We are pleased to invite customers in the lower mainland to experience our incredible multi-channel retail storefront, combining the strengths of our knowledgeable Product Experts and brick-and-mortar stores, with our robust eCommerce and mCommerce offerings, said Sanath Munasinghe, Vice President of Store Design, Construction and Properties, Future Shop. Not only can customers purchase our top selling products in-store, they can order line extensions and our expanded assortment, such as baby care, tools, furniture and luggage with the convenience of shipping to a preferred address, or next day pickup.

Future Shops Futureshop.ca store offers an exciting new way to shop, creating a seamless experience between in-person and online shopping. It also provides a connected environment inviting customers to touch, feel and play with the best selection of the latest technology.

The store is stocked with 1,000 of the top-selling products at Future Shop. More than a dozen tablets and desktop computers are placed throughout the store giving customers access to a deep catalogue of nearly 60,000 skus offered online. Every Product Expert (PE) within the store is equipped with a tablet to assist customers with their purchases, including sharing demonstrations and price comparison shopping, all from the palm of their hands.

Our Futureshop.ca stores Product Experts are crossed-trained, meaning they are knowledgeable in every department of the store with flexibility to help customers from one department to the next, said Munasinghe. We know customers will love this personalized shopping experience, surrounded in Canadas most connected retail environment.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/pres...a037d7ec19cen08

Back in the 80s/early 90s I used to order stuff out of a magazine from Consumers Distributing and pick it up in store. loving loved those magazines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumers_Distributing

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally found a G Watch R band I'm happy with, and it was absurdly cheap

$9 on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181457299325

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Holy moley I just sold my Moto 360 for $369 Cdn. Thanks Harper for turning us into a volatile petro-state. I'm gonna quit my day job and just sell 360s all day.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

nthalp posted:

ah.. thanks.. I dont ever use it. Much appreciated.

You only use it for notifications then? I use the voice stuff constantly. Texting etc.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tunga posted:

On my Nexus 5 the phone will only listen when the watch isn't which is nice. If the phone is on you can actually see the microphone symbol change when you the watch screen turns on/off.

Same, I've never had my Note 3 and G Watch R try to listen at the same time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Spaced God posted:

I'm looking for a watch for Christmas. I love the look of the 360, but I hear the battery life isn't that good and it has screen door effects. Anyone with one for their opinion?

If you like the look of the G Watch R it's better in every way.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Skywalker OG posted:

Verizon is selling the LG GWatch for 100. Is this a mistake to purchase?

There's nothing wrong with it technically. Aesthetically it's not so hot but if you like it you like it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The light sensor on the 360 is a non-factor since the screen only stays on for 0.5 seconds to allow the battery to survive a day. I'll take always-on at a steady "5" any day.

I only use manual brightness on phones too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mister Fister posted:

Is there a nice looking watch face that you can include fitness info as an option (i.e. how many steps you've taken in a day?)

I have an LG G watch R if that makes a difference thanks.

The "hiking" stock face has a step counter in one of the smaller circles.

Three Olives posted:

If it's anything like the G watch just don't bother it is laughably inaccurate as anything but a novelty. I've checked the accuracy of my Fitbit multiple times against GPS and mile markers, it is rarely off by more than a few percentage points, the G Watch is off by like 20-40%+. If you are serious about any sort of fitness tracking just buy a Fitbit or Jawbone, there is even a Wear app now that pulls step data from the Fitbit API.

I don't know how accurate it is but my GWR is very consistent at least. I walk pretty much the same amount every day at work and its numbers reflect that.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

T-Touch was the first high end watch I ever bought, quite a few years ago now. At least five? Definitely showed early warning signs of my current android wear obsession.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The first time I legit tried to use my keylink it failed and I had to uninstall/reinstall/re-pair to make it work again. :( Sometimes I hate myself for being an early adopter.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My G Watch R never got an update, which is interesting since it was really fast with the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got the update now. It's... familiar?