Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nothing new from Samsung today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Samsung S3 impressions are rolling out. Looks great IMO. Too big for nerd wrists though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1rb8rhwpVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8Vsjb6ADo

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PerrineClostermann posted:

Apparently I'm getting a Samsung fit 2 for free alongside my note 7 thanks to a promotion. Anyone familiar with it?

I had the original Gear Fit. Didn't like it much. The new one sounds better but the "S" line is Samsung's good watch line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xfmNc8WiXM

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I had a Galaxy S3 too and would never call it good. :P

Not my fault Samsung is re-using the name.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There's a Huawei Fit now apparently, dropped Android Wear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFN-T3KFGTU

Look lovely IMO, both watch-wise and software-wise.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

As a new Note 8 owner with big burly man wrists I'm disappointed by the Sport, and also disappointed to see the S3 Frontier is still $400+ Cdn.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

azurite posted:

Could you elaborate? Or is your complaint just size-related?

woops didn't see this, I was hoping for the S4 to be a refinement on the s3, something super nice and high end, not a regression to cheap "sport" poo poo with features and design elements removed. And definitely not smaller.

I was looking at an s3 today and it's surprisingly not very premium, my lg urbane 2 lte is nicer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Technically I guess, but there's no s4 this year.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Combat Pretzel posted:

Finally got a Galaxy Watch. Syncing it to Samsung Health is so fast, it's ridiculous... when coming from the Fitbit poo poo show. Hope the continuous HR is usable. There's a lot of complaints, but then again, checking the Fitbit forums, same story there.

I bought one for the second time after being disappointed in how tiny/cheap the Active is.

Found the Galaxy Watch kinda useless with my Pixel but now that I have an S10+ it's a great addition. Samsung is killing it lately.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is it normal for Galaxy watch faces to just turn on randomly during the night while charging? I'm super sensitive to light and currently up at 2am because it turned on. I even moved the charger to another room but unfortunately my only room has frosted glass walls.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bought my wife a Fitbit Versa 3 for Xmas. Hopefully it is good, I have zero experience with Fitbit and she's been asking for something she can wear as a vibrating alarm in bed (and is also a fitness nut) so hoping this works. She's never had a smart watch.

Edit: Is the haptic button as lovely as some reviews say?

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Dec 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My wife likes her Fitbit Versa 3. UI seems solid but bare bones. It's way too tiny for my wrist though, looks ridiculous.