Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, didn't he say in that video review that he'd had it a month+?

I'm also going to hold off until more reviews roll in, but I'm still really considering buying one. I just accepted a new job (this is going to be a little self congratulation gift), so it'll be a few weeks until I get my first check anyway. My real problem is choosing between black and silver. The black one looks so much cleaner, but the silver is a little more "nothing to see here, just a watch", which I kind of like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

japtor posted:

To piggyback off this since there's something similar I've been wondering about, how are the backlit screens under low light like in a movie theater?

Haha, I was just wondering this same thing. You're in a movie and you get an email. No big deal as you're a responsible adult and have your phone on silent. But, wait, you have your Moto 360 on and it lights up like a goddamn spotlight. You panic and start flailing to dismiss it, but all you manage to do is make it look like you're the lighting setup outside of an LA night club.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

With that, consider me sold.

(But, seriously, I'm still considering picking a 360 up just because.)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I don't mind largish bezels on a watch. What makes the new LG a non-option for me is that it looks like a lovely sports watch. Not to sound all MY STYLE, but it simply doesn't fit my aesthetic so, despite being a good watch (and, arguably, a better smart watch), it has no appeal to me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Goddammit. I had just about talked myself into waiting until the next generation, but, now that it looks like battery is less of an issue, I'm back to planning to get one. I had planned to get one out of my first check, but someone was nice enough to steal the wheels off my car last weekend, so it'll have to wait until next month.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

If it's worth anything (it's not), I don't like 99% of square watches, regardless of price, style, or how smart they might be. Even then, the few that I do tend to be more of a horizontal layout than vertical, which counts out all square smart watches.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

japtor posted:

I'd be surprised just cause watch faces probably aren't going to be the primary reason to get one. Most data would either need to be cropped to fit or have a bunch of wasted space with a round screen.

In other square screen news, will.i.am is still venturing into random stuff:
http://gizmodo.com/meet-puls-will-i-ams-gigantic-wearable-cuff-1646838552

Anything that keeps him from making another Black Eyed Peas album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm tempted to grab a 360 this weekend, but I'm sure that, if I do, they'll immediately announce the next model (please be the Moto One) on Monday.