Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I just received my red Pebble yesterday, and while I'm not still not sure it was worth the ridiculous wait, I'm actually pretty impressed by it. Coupled with the Pebble Notifier app on Android and IFTTT, there's a way to send almost any kind of notification to your watch. I've found the music control and email previews useful, and I was extremely happy to see native Google Voice support in addition to SMS. I'm excited to see the two-way capabilities of the system after developers dig into the new SDK.

I've had the most fun, though, with the new watchfaces. I was pretty disappointed to see the selection in-app, but then I checked out the various Pebble sites like mypebblefaces.com and allpebble.com and I've been geeking out all day. As a small-time watch nerd, it's been pretty fun to download a new watch to my wrist whenever I feel like it. The display is strongly OK - black/white isn't a limitation in my view, but it'd be nice to have slightly higher resolution for some non-8 bit looking watch faces.

Make sure you buy a screen protector for this if you get one, too. There are plenty of stories out there saying this thing is basically guaranteed to scratch if you wear it like a watch and not a wrist computer.

Radbot fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
My 360 is coming tomorrow to commemorate 9/11. The only way I was able to order it was those /r/android links directly to a cart with the 360 in it, heh.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Don Lapre posted:

Wish the moto had gone oled.

Isn't OLED impossible to see in bright daylight compared to IPS LCD?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
...or just turn the cradle away from the bed? It's not very bright.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Wouldn't the 360 get Wear 2.0 anyways?

I'm considering selling mine, I've worn it for about a week but otherwise it looks perfect. It's the grey leather version. Anyone here want it for $250+shipping? I'd provide you pics, etc. of course.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)