Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Overweight but not obese! I am 5'11 and 190, I assumed the XL size would be way too large, however I read a review on Amazon about a guy who bought the large and ended up not being satisfied with it due to the fit and that has gotten me all turned around.

Unless you have disproportionately large wrists, a large should fit you fine. I'm taller and fatter than you and a large fits me with several holes unused.

I'm not sure I really want it, though, since I really just do CrossFit, and it's more intended for straight cardio work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're out of stock, but they're planning on putting them back once they have them made.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rear end Catchcum posted:

Ok but the apple watch comes out next month

Next month is not April.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's the Surface he is referring to that "everybody" bought along with the Kin, apparently.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Metal is 219 at BB, I have a $25 coupon, or you can use a movers coupon to bring it down to $200. I'm heading to BB to pick it up shortly. I'm full on retard mode now.

"Now"?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

So, kudos for this watchface maker for taking the flat tire and running with it.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/04/15/little-worlds-turns-the-moto-360s-flat-tire-into-something-fun/

Pretty drat inventive.

I like that it reminds you that it is minimal and elegant at all times. A very minimal, elegant feature.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ev posted:

I know the Microsoft band gets a lot of flack but I'm trying to decide whether or not to get one. I have a Windows Phone which is part of the reason I'm thinking about it, but I'm torn between it and the Fitbit Charge HR.

My biggest concern (and no one at the Microsoft Store has a solid answer to this) is whether or not the alarm function works based on tracking your sleep. I used to have this device called the Wake Mate many years ago and it was awesome, it would track my sleep and wake me up when it thought I was in light sleep (obviously no later than the alarm time I set) and it worked great. I think my old Jawbone Up did that too, though it doesn't work with Windows Phone so I've kind of abandoned it.

From what I've read (in the past five minutes) now I'm thinking that neither of these has an alarm function that works based on tracking where in your sleep cycle you are? And if they don't, what the hell device does? Other than a Jawbone since I really don't want to go back to my old iPhone 4S and I don't feel like springing for a new phone just to be able to use the Jawbone.

Your iPhone with the Sleep Cycle app will do it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'll give you $20 and take a pic of it in dog poo poo when I get it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah you should definitely give money to companies that don't care about your security to save a couple bucks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pebbles were hideous, too, so no real change.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely see the Blaze around quite a bit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

iOS doesn't let you roll back, either. And it's hard to blame Google for breaking an abandoned app. Apple straight up deliberately broken them when they ditched 32-bit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uthor posted:

I wear watches on the inside of my wrist
Found your problem

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a watches thread in YLLS, but they're probably just going to direct you to a G-Shock. If you got some cash, you can get an Omega Speedmaster Skywalker X-33.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No one thinks your headphones are dorky unless you're not removing them when talking to people