Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Also, unless you can flip the screen around the Apple watch will be unusable for lefties. The knob is an integral part of the user interface and it's on the wrong side if the watch is on the right hand.

I would be gobsmacked if they forgot that there were left-handed users. I mean, it's already got orientation sensors, I can't imagine it not being flippable for other- wrist wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

I picked up a Moto 360 myself back in early November. Since I'd been trying out wireless chargers for my other phones awhile back, I cantually have plenty of Qi wireless chargers for it, in case I needed it.

But I don't. I've never run out of power on this thing. Admittedly, I don't typically use Ambient mode, and I try to put it on a charger every night.

Even in the situations where I've gone to sleep without putting my Moto 360 on its charger, it still has a charge in the morning. And an hour is more than enough time to charge it enough to last the day, even on the cheapest, jankiest wireless chargers I own.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

That really hasn't been my experience, and locations services and GPS are always on on my phone.

In the six months I've owned my Moto 360, I've run out of power on it unexpectedly exactly twice: Once, when I let my phone run out of juice and it apparently kept searching for it until it ate all its power, and the second time was when I forgot to throw it on a charger at night, didn't realize it until 15 minutes before work, and that wasn't long enough to get it full again. Died on me at about 3PM.

Most days, I put it on my wrist at about 7:30 AM, and put it back on the charger at midnight to 1AM. Yeah, it won't make it through two full days without a charge, but neither will any of the smartphones I've owned. On occasion, I have had it last more than 24 hours.

I also wouldn't say that I've really been managing background app use, other than making a halfhearted attempt at making sure that apps whose notifications are mostly worthless on my wrist aren't sending them.

Perhaps I'm a weird edge case.