Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

Anybody here donate to that Kreyos guy?

A friend of mine did, though I think she may have been able to get a refund before they cut those off. Sounds like the Kreyos guy(s) really got taken for a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

Right now, the only thing I can do is swipe those cards away which makes them disappear on the phone as well. I don't find that to be ideal.

Eww, that's no good. I keep my weather cards up 24/7.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Groupon and Amazon both have the G Watch for $80 today, for $80 the G Watch is a solid, solid buy. Not the fanciest or flashiest but seriously it looks fine and Wear is still an immature platform, I would seriously wait until for the next gen watches for over $200 at this point.

Its showing as $150 on Amazon for me, was this a lightning deal or something?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Don Lapre posted:

It says you can reply also on their site?!

Tried it out last night and this morning, there's reply "templates" like "See You Soon" etc, and a shortlist of emoji (mostly the basic faces, poop is there too though!)

If they get some semblance of navigation display working I'll be set (I've tried NavMe's trial, baked-in support would be preferred though). This is great.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Pebble-Steel-...asin=B00L8C818C

Looks like only the black is and only from amazon. Stainless steel is $39.99 from amazon and $34.99 from best buy.

Both are on Pebble's site for $20 with free shipping: https://getpebble.com/shop/pebble_steel_straps

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Uh, yeah, I would be all over this, I still switch back and forth between my Pebble and Wear.

Hell yes.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Truly the Gamecube of smart watches.

(new Pebble owns)

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Just needs a dongle (*WINK*) to your Watch of choice.

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/love-sex/sex/news/a33828/wankband-charges-phone-masturbating/

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
New Pebble Steel revealed on the Kickstarter page. Main differences from the standard model are a fully stainless steel body, different front bezel design (thinner metal bezel, but the screen is the same size), comes with a leather and a metal band, and has a slightly bigger battery (~10 days vs. ~7). Not really worth the premium to me personally, I'll likely just get a matching metal band for the regular one I backed. Even longer battery life is pretty nice though.

They also talk about the accessory functions possible utilizing the port on the back, though nothing really different from what was already known/assumed. Its a two-way data/power interface, they might make their own "smartstraps" to do stuff with it, but for now they're releasing the 3D model of the adapter and letting others hack together their own ideas. Sounds like the kind of thing that will be a novelty if you have access to a 3D printer and some basic EE knowledge until Pebble themselves (or another company with manufacturing capability) release something official.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 3, 2015

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I'm probably going to get a moto360. The metal one for under 200 is a really good deal.

Where is this deal?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

Can't say I'm not tempted, but think I would want to hold out for the 360-2 for 'reasons'.

Yeah, I've eyed the black with black link band a few times, but I decided on the Pebble Time instead. If/when gen 2 is an improvement I'll probably try it out in a year or so.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Thermopyle posted:

The Apple Watch isn't a wearable, it's an experience.

No, that was the keynote I think. The Watch is a... lifestyle? Paradigm? Zeitgeist?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

I'm really enjoying my Pebble Time Steel but I'm starting to see weird bugs with certain timefaces. Futura Weather stopped displaying the weather and shows a crossed out phone. I have no problem with phone connectivity as I can send new watchfaces to the watch from my iPhone. Several other weather watchfaces have started doing the same thing, but others work just fine as far as weather display goes. Maybe the site they use to pull weather is going wonky? Can't really explain it.

I noticed something similar with another watchface I've been using, just called Square. Its supposed to drop the weather into view from the top and bottom when you shake your wrist, and it hasn't done it for the past few days. Weatherland still works, though.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Speaking of the Mi Band 4, before I hack the included charging cable up, is there a cheap replacement charging cable that doesn't require the band to be removed?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
My GWatch Active2 has been draining its battery overnight and shutting off, usually after it gets down to 40-60%. Before about 2 weeks ago, it would reliably lose about 20%-22% every 24 hours - usually only about 6-7% overnight. I could go to work with it at 20% and it would still have some charge left when I got home to put it on the charger.

Is there any way to dig deeper into what's causing this? Or should I just try a reset? The battery info screen doesn't show any apps using like 50% battery or anything, the most being Samsung Heath recently at 17%. I have a navigation companion app that listens for Google Maps nav constantly but that shows like 1% usage. The watch is in do not disturb mode overnight as I take it off in the house usually.

E; did a reset, and installed a few less things than before. We'll see how it works out.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yikes.