Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Best Buy's website keeps taunting me with "In Stock" at stores near me but when I called the guy said they were sold out of 360s. =(

Edit: no longer available for backorder.
Guess I can wait on more trip reports before I shell out $$

w00tazn fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

hotsauce posted:

Damnit. Just waltzed into a Best Buy and bought the last black 360 they had. I don't even want it that much...tempted to flip on Swappa, but that's too much hassle.

Here we go!

Edit: it's got a dead green pixel. Yay!

Edit again: Taking the band off every single night will get old, fast. I know, you do that with any Android Wear watch, but this band is finicky and hard to remove for some reason. If I do keep it, time to find a metal band with a quick release clasp.

I'm a little ticked that you were able to just waltz in and grab one as they're not supposed to be restocked till Sunday.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Just called the Best Buy I normally go to and the guy was saying that they've been taking preorders in store for the Moto 360 and that they weren't even going to have any to sell tomorrow. :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

JayKay posted:

Has anyone today had any luck just walking into their local Best Buy and leaving with a Moto 360 since it's now the official release date?

I went in, they're not stocking them and even if they get shipments on Tuesday/Thursday those shipments are going straight to fulfill preorders that were taken in store. :(
They did have the watch on display however, and it's just about the right size for my wrist. It's a little bit on the thick side though.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Got my order in for a black one, estimated shipping Sept 24.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Trip report:
44% with ambient off and "high" usage after 12 hours.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

orphean posted:

There's also this crazy rear end thing which I've decided I will wait until some reviews hit before thinking about buying one. If it is good though, hot drat, yes this is what I will have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndycU_dUHNQ
https://kairoswatches.com/

"* Please note, the photos and video are intended for visualization purposes only. Actual production model may vary in size and design details. The transparent display is 40% to 60% transparent depending on the type of display you choose (TOLED Dot Matrix vs. TOLED ICON). In contrast, the video shows a 100% transparent state during off mode. This was done to show the design of the watch. Actual photos are available below at “Prototype to Production” section of the website. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

40% transparent sounds kind of bad. The prototype pictures are also tiny and make the screen look bad.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Put a deep scratch into my moto360 yesterday :(
I guess GG3 isn't as scratch resistant as I was expecting.

It's gone through a bunch of bumps before, but I guess knocking it into a stair rail while drunk will scratch it.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

TollTheHounds posted:

Finally got my G Watch R and holy poo poo this thing is loving awesome ( having only had a regular tracker before ). I've probably spent more time messing around in Watchmaker and changing watch faces every 10 minutes than anything else. I swapped out the default band with this one and it looks killer: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HZBOWM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I even put a screen protector on it ( IQ Shield ) that actually IS optically transparent and doesn't seem to gently caress with the way the display looks.

There one thing I don't get though about Android Wear though:

There is no way to "uninstall" ONLY the Wear portion of an App. Ex. I have a Z2 but I don't use Walkman for music, I use Google Play Music. However I can't remove the Walkman app from the watch and I can't stop it from prompting every now and again that it can't find any locally stored music ( I've tried manually blocking it directly from the prompt and from the phone app and it still shows up, IDK ). Similarly there is a totally useless Amazon Wear app, like I'm going to search for stuff to buy or buy it from my watch, but it's still sitting on there and I can't get rid of it unless I uninstall the full android app ( which I actually do use ).

I assume at some point they will find a way to allow you to do a "partial" uninstall or something but just kind of weird you've just automatically got to have an app on your watch eating resources for no reason.

I have the mini Browser ( for fun ), mini launcher ( love it ) and Watchmaker. Are there any other "must have" apps right now? I know the ecosystem is tiny, just making sure I'm not missing something awesome that glanced over when looking at apps through wear.

You can hide apps from mini launcher with the companion app. You just have to mark them as hidden under the behavior settings. It won't stop your walkman issue though.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Just noticed that my moto360 developed one of those cracks that they can get on the backplate where the band hooks up. Using the stock band too. :(

I'm debating whether or not I want to deal with RMAing it :(

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
Ugh, left my watch at home and now every time my phone chimes I'm waiting for my wrist to vibrate and I instinctively look down. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004

Looks like I'm getting an estimated 36 hours or so with my relatively new replacement Moto 360.