Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

zer0spunk posted:

I would love to know how it's going to be connected. Does it tether off a cell? Does it have its own LTE radio? If so then wouldn't you also need a contract with it?

I'm sold pretty hard already, but tell me more google!

Honestly I like technology, but this is something I have always envisaged/dreamed of and to see its going to be here so soon, really is amazing. The potential for this can not be overstated and the functionality potential it offers is staggering. In a way its similar to the mobile phone back in its early day people wouldn't of thought what you could do with them now, and this is the early days for a new form of communication. Yes its going to use existing communication technology to transmit the information but the type of information that it will transmit and receive is truly unparalleled.

Simple way to explain one affect this technology will have; Just imagine if you could look around where you sit and immediately be told about the item that was taking up the focus of your field of view. Whether it be whats on your desk, the contents on your book shelf, your food cupboards - all will give you immediate ideas beyond that you yourself are not capable of.

This technology is the future, as its potential for productivity gains is massive, never mind how fun it will be to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU