Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Another Pebble user checking in. :toot: I've had mine for about a month now, I really like it.

I turned off the backlight, since there's no way to disable just the wrist-flick that lights it up, and I got 12 days of battery life before the charging indicator turned on. Now I just charge it once a week and don't think about it otherwise. It's paired up to my Note 2, and works well with it. I leave Bluetooth on all the time since I use my phone with BT headphones a lot. (S305s)

Hopefully the full SDK gets out soon, since it'd be nice to have a bit more functionality, but the watchface one is going to be nice. That one is supposed to be out next week I think. I already have some ideas.

I find myself pulling my phone out WAY less, since I don't have that "oh man, did I miss a message?" feeling. After checking for a week and realizing I already knew and dismissed everything that came in, I started to relax and not check anymore. I KNOW when I get a message, and odds are it's not that important. I dismiss the alert and continue with what I was doing. Hopefully they crack the dismissing phone calls from the watch at some point. I think that's more on the android side of things rather than the Pebble team.

It's nice enough getting call alerts, with it strapped to your wrist it's about impossible to miss, whereas if I'm at a noisy part of work I might not hear my phone ring or even notice the vibration if it's sitting in my pocket wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Do you find that yours loses Bluetooth connectivity with the phone a bit? I'm thinking that my phone's Bluetooth is a bit screwy (I'm running a nightly CM10.1 on my Note) because a reboot will usually reestablish connections.

Not that I've ever noticed. I've had to reconnect it twice, both times I was far away from the phone. Usually it just reconnects. All I had to do was open the pebble app and tap the disconnect/connect button twice.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Yeah, those G Watch R renders look really nice, but they're just that: renderings. I'd like to see an actual photo. Also, what the hell is that button/knob on the side?

It's called a crown.

Probably just to continue the regular watch aesthetics and an easy to find button/input to use without having to look at it.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Got a Charge 3 as my first fitbit. Waited a month, preordered (got $30 off through an insurance program code), took them a drat week past release to ship it. (Ship things in advance so you get it on release day guys, c'mon.)

Screen broken right out of the box, straight from Fitbit. Three days to get support to admit it's broken and a reset won't fix it. Now a week in transit back to them, and probably a week back.

I didn't get the special edition because I didn't want to wait another month...

Also really annoyed with the watchface selection because of the date. But I'm just going to keep wearing my Casio on my other wrist and call it good. No need to attempt to wake that up to get the drat time.

Otherwise it seemed nice for the day I used it.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

My replacement Fitbit Charge 3 arrived, this time with a non-hosed up screen. I was pleased to see they added some new watchfaces, now there's one with the date on it. Still not the preferred info I'd like to see on the watchface, but it's nice to see they have added more. This one adds the date at the bottom for instance, but in place of the heart rate most other faces have. Hopefully they open it up and let people create more of them.