Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

On the other hand, the Pebble is at $9,871,311 of $100,000; here's hoping people who sign on now see one in under two years.

e: they're swearing by September still, actually. Also, heads-up guys: they capped the campaign at 85,000 watches and there's only 1,154 left as of 1:10 PM EST. Here's a tracker for the remaining stock, and it goes down every time I refresh the drat page:

http://computingeureka.com/pebble/

So if you want one this year, go go go.

I nabbed one earlier this morning, can't wait till September!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

RE: Glass invites

I had three, but they only gave me two weeks to give them out. It was a single form with three slots, so you had to do them all at once. I was going to post here, but I forgot. Sorry. =(

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dunno, just got the one email a few weeks ago. Maybe they're sending them out in waves.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Glimm posted:

Yeah as an explorer who loves Glass I gotta say if your company isn't paying for these just hold out.

Seconded. I just took mine off the shelf to play with word lens (super cool!), but they're going right back until I have time to do something with them.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

bull3964 posted:

A thought occurs to me. If Moto really is using an inventory of old SoCs from the MotoACTV and Droid 2, presumably their supply isn't infinite and no one is making more of them.

I just wonder how big the production run for the 360 with that SoC in it could possibly be.

The inventory situation is horrible though. Both online outlets are sold out and Best Buy are only getting the watches 2 and 3 at a time which usually sell that very day. I bet Best Buy is regretting taking up half a shelf for a dedicated Moto 360 display when they don't have any to even sell.

I dunno, it's turning one customer engagement into many as people have to keep coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Is this the right thread to talk about Google cardboard? I just bought a plastic one with a strap, so its wearable. Is there any update on the view master branded one?