Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Splice released a pretty nice preset pack for serum this week

quote:

Splice Originals proudly presents “Serum Classic Keys” - a rare collection of multi-genre presets that push the boundaries of Serum's capabilities to accurately recreate the sounds of some of the most sought-after keyboards such as the Mellotron, Fairlight CMI, Wurlitzer, and many other famous organs, electric pianos, bells, mallets, and keyboards. Carefully crafted and produced over the last year and heavily influenced by the likes of Bob James, Idris Muhamad, Ahmad Jamal, and many other keyboard legends, these unique sounds encapsulate the eclectic diversity of these classic keyboards, used in countless hits over the last 50 years, making this pack a must for every producers' sonic arsenal.

https://splice.com/sounds/packs/splice-originals/so_serum_classic_keys/presets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Workflow mainly. It removes a lot of the hassle of automating eq for sidechain and stuff, and is really good at killing specific frequencies. There's a 30 day trial.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
In my experience it's difficult to get a dry signal from analoglab, all the presets have fx baked in

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Laserjet 4P posted:

Dan Worrall does good comparisons. You want Fabfilter. Tokyo Dawn Records has good stuff. Toneboosters is also good and very affordable.

For reverb Valhalla is glued to my template. I really like that NI Raum is airy and light, and Soundtoys Superplate is fine too, though Soundtoys is more for flavor than utility.

I missed raum when they were giving it away for free, thought I ended up making the best of it by picking it up for like $15 until I opened guitar rig one day (that I got in a bundle when I bought massive) and went "wait, this had raum the whole time?"

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I've been saying for awhile that 2024 is the year of jungle and that seals it