Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

abske_fides posted:

I've been really thinking about getting the EW QL composer's pack, any one have good experience with it? I'd be running it on a Macbook Pro with 8gb ram 2.3ghz and through either firewire 800 or eSATA.

For VSTs, this website is quite useful to find information: http://www.kvraudio.com/

I've used several of the PLAY engine and NI engine EWQL plugs on a much less beefy system with no problem. Stormdrum is really cool, as are RA and Gypsy. Ministry of Rock is pretty good although it doesn't offer a lot in the way of tone control. I usually opt for a clean signal run though Guitar Rig to get around that problem. The only thing I could say against it is that the built in convolution verb is a resource hog, but it does sound pretty natural. I could never really use it, but you might be able to on your system.

There are a lot of the individual samplepacks that I never touched, so I can't say whether or not they're worth it. I guess it depends on what you want to do, but I have no complaints with RA, Stormdrum, Gypsy, or Ministry of Rock. All good value for money, especially if you manage to catch one of the frequent sales that soundsonline.com has. A couple of years ago I snagged three of 'em for $500 with shipping, when they usually retail for $300-$600 each.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU