Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
So Eventide's new native plugs are on sale. I'm fairly interested in Black Hole which is half off. It's so new demos are pretty sparse though. Anyone have a chance to play with it? Have any audio up somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Not just for guitarists either. Jazz Chorus model is pretty drat good, sounds great on epianos.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Popcorn posted:

Can anyone recommend a good free VST with a nice simple synthy string sample in it like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJthA4l8S5U&t=111s 1.50 in.

Sounds like a manipulated violin sample to me but I'd say mellotron strings would come pretty close. Pretty good free vst, Stringer does some string synths, but also has mellotron samples. You'll get there closer with a ROMpler style synth like Wusikstation I'd wager, but it's not free.
NI Kontakt Player is free, requires registration, and has some really great instrument samples. It allows for some editing of the sound as well, really well done multisampling considering the price.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Popcorn posted:

So I can use the Kontakt Player free, but without any samples to use with it?

The factory selection is free, but requires you create an NI login. They send you a serial to "register" it with.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Enjoy. Hey, generic waveforms mean fun messing around with effects, right? v:v:v

Just wanted to chime in in thanks. The cello really is something through the blofeld's PPG filter. The keymapping software didn't chew the samples correctly automatically but even at my lazy mapping of one note per octave it's nice and ethereal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Wait, the Blofeld takes samples? Nice.
Yeah, blokeys has it built in, desktop requires purchase of a license but the hardware was there from the start. It's really lovely but I you have to burn the entire NAND flash every time you want to change it. I don't do it that often really but until you get what you'll likely be using regularly down, it can be trying for folks. I remember blowing PROMs so it doesn't bother me much.

quote:

I recommend mapping more extensively, that will keep the periodicity of the modulation in the samples more or less constant when playing more than one note at once. Four samples per octave will do nicely. Or whatever, I'm glad you're having fun with it.

My lazy multisampling stems from the old EPS days, that thing had magical pixiedust inside. Unfortunately nothing else does so it doesn't work out as well as it did!
Here it is as WPC, save the harpsichord samples because of space vs utility concerns. For the blofeld owners lazier than me.