Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Your Computer posted:

My question is this: are they proper recreations or their physical counterparts?
The Wavestation in particular caught my attention because it's so unlike the other synths I have used. Are there any good resources on these synths? Also looking for opinions on the VSTs themselves.

I used to own a Polysix so, bare in mind, that the following statement is based off of my own fairly unreliable memory: The Polysix in the Legacy Collection, sounds -a lot- like a Polysix. That synth has a fairly distinctive filter to it and, except for the inevitable zipper noise from using controls that operate in discreet steps, it's captured really well in the software. I don't really know how low level they went went simulating the hardware, but they faked the sound pretty drat well.

Wavestation is basically sample playback, other than the DACs there isn't any unique circuitry to try to emulate. In theory it can be emulated the same on any hardware it's instantiated on that's fast enough to run it, same with the M1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Would I regret it if I only crossgraded to komplete 10 instead of komplete ultimate?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

philkop posted:

Consider that fact that fewer and fewer laptops are coming with cd/dvd drive and it could hundreds of dollars suck in the future.

Am I the only person in this thread who uses a desktop computer? Seriously, what do you guys play steam games on?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Weird, the Komplete installer executable downloads .isos of all the products into a temp directory. Good thing too because the automated installer process keeps loving up on me.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm feeling some pretty hard buyers remorse over komplete. The only thing in the package that I didn't already have that handles alternative tunings with a minimum of fuss is absynth. I guess you can do microtunings with kontact, but it requires learning its drat scripting language and I'm still not sure knotact 5 can support scales that have more or fewer than 12 tones.

Shoulda just stuck with Reaktor.