Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

So I'm just getting into digital music production (using virtual instruments), and it's super fun so far. However, I'm a little lost on figuring out everything, and this seemed like a good thread to ask.

So far, all of my VSTi needs have been met with Spitfire Audio's BBC Orchestra or LABS. This is great, because both are free, and I am just dabbling in this hobby and don't wanna spend a bunch of money yet. However, I am trying to write a piece with with human percussion, i.e. claps, stomps, etc, and LABS does not have clap / stomp VST as far as I can tell. I found both "Snaps Claps Slaps Stomps and Shouts" from RedRoom Audio and Claps-Stomps-Snaps from Loops de la Creme, which both seem cool, but they both require a full version of Kontakt, which is expensive.

Is there a way to play these files without Kontakt? Alternatively, how do people go about finding VSTs that aren't tied to Kontakt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU