Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
I'm sure some of you might have seen this one already (it's old), but recently I came accross a beautiful piece of software called jBridge.

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

quote:

Using inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts, 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts, or even bridging 32bit plugins to 32bit hosts, allowing to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32bit process, in this last case.

Now that Ableton finally whipped out a 64bit version I needed something to sort out a bunch of old unsupported plugins that I still use. jBridge did the trick and all those 32bit plugs are now working in the 64bit environment.

Thought I'd share this with you guys in case someone here runs into the same problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

Its not entirely stable. And therefore useless to me.
That sucks but yeah you're right. I have had issues with some plugins lagging and choppy sound, but got around that by tweaking inside the jBridge menu.

On the other hand, there are a couple of plugs that don't load the user interface. The old mdaPiano comes to mind first (in fact I think the whole mda series does this). It's kind of annoying, but at least we can still twiddle with their settings in the regular Live window.

Guess it doesn't work with every plug on every hardware setup etc.