Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

I'm leaning heavily on this lately. Its fantastic for getting rid of redundant high/low frequencies and for gainstaging your poo poo.

It also does a pretty nice job at smooth distortion. If Decapacitator feels like a meat axe sometimes, this would be the butterknife!

edit: Also the price is most definitively right.

edit2: the cpuload is something from which dreams are made. Used on every track? Hardly a dent.

I really would pay the money for that one but alas I' m a Pro Tooler and they don't make an RTAS version. Can get a "RTAS up to your rear end" thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Agreed posted:

Mixcontrol Pro channel strip, $49. Three saturation modes each sound good (to give it a "channel strip" consistency used as inserts, or master bus, however you prefer) and the various functions are well done (standout is probably the comp, it'd be worth $50 just for the comp - but the EQ, gate, stereo space adjustment and limiter work very well too). Offers low and high resource utilization mode with effectively no latency in the low-resource mode, so you can track with it or mix with it without issues. I am really digging this plugin, it has no annoying copy protection call & response crap, you just buy it and it's yours... and it doesn't have any bugs in my setup. Cross-platform, and buying it gets you the mono and stereo versions. My only complaint is the metering could be faster, but what it lacks in speed it makes up for in accuracy and ease of readability. You'll have a good idea of what's going on with your frequencies, making the EQ plenty easy to use.

How is this for acoustic instruments (guitars, banjo, ect..)? I've been in the market for something like this forever now, but I work much more with acoustic sources than VST synths and the like.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

W424 posted:

You can get one free allready http://www.plugandmix.com/nfr/ the installer has all the plugins to test if you like. I got the retro EQ and I've liked and used it a bit.

Has anyone got this to work yet?

Edit: That deal is over, ended on March 1st.

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 15, 2013

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

W424 posted:

I don't know how it ranks up but I've been using this http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=0 because I'm poor.

How do you like that EQ? I've been looking for an EQ with a built in Spectrograph. Is it a CPU hog?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

ricecult posted:

Just another +1 for the Klanghelm SDRR, been messing around with it and it's amazing how much you can do with it. It's for saturation sure, and it does that really well, and you can make tracks sound thicker and gainier in a simple straight-forward way, but what really makes it is how much texture and personality it can add to a track. Each mode has it's own feel, which is tweakable and almost always usable. For the quality, price, and how much it can be used for, I'd recommend it to anybody and everybody.

Alright, gently caress it, I'm picking this up and the compressor tonight.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

You people werent joking about the Klanghelm SDRR - I actually prefer it to Soundtoys Decapitator. Extremely good value at 22 euros as well.

Thanks guys!

I finally bought it after you posted this. It absolutely owns bones. I prefer it to Decapitator also, the SSDR is like a filet knife and decapitator is a meat clever.

Does anyone else notice that it's oddly CPU intensive though? I start getting CPU errors when I have a few instances running but only if I'm actually looking at it, If I close it I stop getting them. I guess the GUI is very graphics heavy.

How's the compressor? My interest in this guy is certainly piqued now.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Well thanks for the reply dicks.

I kid. Anyway I just bought the compressor and mixed a track with it today. It is easily the best bus compressor I own now. It's the most flexible by far and you almost have to try to make something sound bad with it.

That being said, as with the SDRR, it is similarly, if not more CPU heavy. My 2Ghz i7 will start crashing after 2-3 instances of it running.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
It's a huge deal I guess, it'll force me to sum in my console more and force me to just make decisions and stick with them.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

wayfinder posted:

The website is too snake-oily for my taste – it reminds me of nothing so much as the Dr. Drum scam.

I was really thinking the same thing. It's like an infomercial in website format. Or the web version of this:

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

This is bad, and I hope PACE eats it for real this time.

Yeah but as long as AVID uses them as their authorization system, we're gonna be stuck with them.

edit: or maybe a revolt from either several plugin developers or a big one like Waves (lol, never going to happen)

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 19, 2014

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Radiapathy posted:

What the poo poo man. Six weeks ago, Waves SoundShifter (for real time time and pitch shifting) was a $500 plugin. Five weeks ago they dropped the price to $149 (when I bought it, woo-hoo).

Today only it's on sale for $29.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/soundshifter

:bang:

LOL, owned. But thanks anyway, just picked this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Radiapathy posted:

Y'all got donglephobia.

I cannot believe that the Plugin Makes are still clinging to Ilok. It adds overhead to developing and maintaining plugins, and not only does it not stop piracy, it actually encourages it.