Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

I picked up Komplete 11 Ultimate today as an upgrade from Komplete 8. I noted that the symphonic essentials libraries are somewhat lacking. Are there other current recommended symphonic/choir VSTs apart from the 8Dio and Spitfire Audio collections? :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

Well they finally got me and I upgraded to the NI Komplete 14 Collector’s Edition today. So many plugins and instruments. Definitely going to need to invest in a large external SSD for the install and move my VSTs there.

What DAWs are you all using these days?

I have Studio One Pro 5, Reaper and FL studio Pro. I think I also have a version of Bitwig and the starter version of Ableton but never messed around with them.

Looking for something with good workflow that I can learn and easily integrates with NI suite.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

Scatterfold posted:

Stick to one and learn it. I can think of very few situations where you'd need more than one DAW outside of niche pro audio situations. All of them have their pros and cons, each individual, and it'll come down to a decision based on your research based on your workflow and needs.

Solid advice for sure. Just hard getting started. I am most confortable recording live audio with Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition but want to play more with the Nextar Impact LX49+ I acquired.

I will definitely check out playbox as I liked the song you linked. I can see myself hitting the random preset and just rolling with it!