Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
I've been really thinking about getting the EW QL composer's pack, any one have good experience with it? I'd be running it on a Macbook Pro with 8gb ram 2.3ghz and through either firewire 800 or eSATA.

For VSTs, this website is quite useful to find information: http://www.kvraudio.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

Phraggah posted:

Guitar is super complex, but I guess what I was looking for is more along the lines of a Kontakt library for electric guitar. Sort of like how session strings is for strings and EWQL is for orchestral instruments.

From what I can tell these Loopmasters products are all prearranged samples that can't be used in that same sort of manner. Is this correct?

When it comes to acoustic guitar Ilya Effimov have two amazing libraries that sound pretty drat fantastic when you learn to use them properly. They also have a Strat and Telecaster electric guitar library but I haven't tried those.

I believe a company called Simony or something of the kind also had a huge electric guitar sample library. And there's also the Ele6tricity library which seemed pretty decent at least.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010

MrSargent posted:

I'm looking for a solid vocal VST or VSTs for working with vocals, specifically for house music. Is there a standard out there (like Sylenth or Massive for synthesizers) that I should start with? I would like a tool that has good autotune and a way to space out and brighten vocals. Melodyne was one that was mentioned to me but wanted some other opinions since that one is expensive.

Edit: I use Ableton Live on PC

There isn't really such a thing as a plug-in for specific genre, it's all about what you want to do and how you do it really. Imo, Melodyne is the best auto-tuner available but it's also because it can be incredibly subtle. Hell, I autotune choir groups without them knowing it afterwards.

However, as was named Izotope's Nectar is a pretty easy all in one solution for vocals (although you can still use it on other things). I only tried the first version years ago and I remember liking the saturation from Nectar quite a bit.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
The last few days I've been playing around with some Zynaptiq software, specifically their design bundle. There's some pretty nifty stuff there. The cross-synthesis plug-in is really nothing new or interesting and it's easy to do in Csound, etc. Their adaptiverb and wormhole suites are much much more interesting and quite useful though.

Anyone know a good plug-in for spectral delay? I have some Csound stuff, but Csound plug-ins from Cabbage can be unstable so I'd prefer some stable software that's flexible.